The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess where I am going (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mistermudd
View Profile
New user
Lancaster, CA
98 Posts

Profile of mistermudd
My mom, for my birthday, has given me something super-duper-neato-rific.

She got me and my significant other a night's stay at the Magic Castle Hotel. This also gives me amenities to include entry into the Magic Castle!! So tomorrow night I will be staying somewhere I thought I would never get to go.

Whoopie!!!

The show schedule is as follows:
CLOSE-UP GALLERY
EARLY - 7:00 - 7:45 - 8:30 - 9:15
Ed Schiff
LATE - 10:00 - 10:45 - 11:30 - 12:00
Johnny Ace Palmer

W. C. FIELDS BAR
THU, FRI & SAT - 8.00 THRU 12:00
Bob Jardine

PARLOUR THEATER
EARLY - 7:30 - 8:45 - 9:30
Chris De Palma
LATE - 10:30 - 11:30 - 12:00
Handsome Jack

PALACE OF MYSTERY
8:30 - 10:00 - 11:15
Billy McComb
Sophie Evans
Goldfinger and Dove
SUNDAY BRUNCH
PARLOUR THEATER
Children's Shows
12:15 - 1:15 - 2.15
Tim Mannix

I will be sure to let you all know how it went.
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"
werton
View Profile
New user
atlanta
65 Posts

Profile of werton
This is indeed super duper neato rific I wish I could go there.
ljgrant
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of ljgrant
Can anyone describe the restrictions on visiting the Magic Castle as a Magic Castle Hotel guest.We've never been to the Magic Castle and it would be a real treat.

I am a member of SAM.

We will travelling with two children 14 and 9, so does that restrict us only to Sunday Brunch? How can we be sure of getting in to the Sunday Brunch -- how early to line up, book through the hotel, etc?
Mark Williams
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
513 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Yep! Children are only allowed access to the Magic Castle for Sunday Brunch. First, you either need to be a member of The Magic Castle or obtain a Guest Pass from somebody who is a Paid Member in Good Standing.

Next, there are strict Dress Code Rules for all Evening visits to The Magic Castle...yet slightly more relaxed rules for the Brunch.

Also, there is a Door Charge for all guests and Paid Valet Parking.
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
If I remember correctly, you can get into the Castle being a member of IBM or SAM..just show them your membership card.

Check the Castle website and give them a call to make sure.

Chris
ljgrant
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of ljgrant
I notice now that Ron Wilson is listed as the Entertainment Director at the Castle.

I have his book (if it's the same man) The Uncanny Scot.

Is it possible when visiting the Castle for a few days(staying at the MC Hotel), to get him to sign my copy?
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Send Ron an email or give him a call (the number should be available on the Castle website) and find out.

He will probably do it. Ron is a nice guy.

Chris
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
You are in store for a very special evening. The food is decent and be sure to say hello to Erma!!
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Stop already, the guys trip began and ended a month ago.
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
ljgrant
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of ljgrant
Actually, I just returned from the Magic Castle.

As far as getting reservations, that was no problem because we were staying next door at the affiliated Magic Castle Hotel.

On Saturday night, we were obliged to leave the kids and head out in our best attire.

I did not really think through which acts to see as Saturday was our late-arrival day and we were running late, from West Covina on. (There was a huge Norah Jones concert at the Hollywood Bowl. This resulted in where-do-you-want-to-park-buddy traffic, as the Hollywood Bowl exit was the closest to the Magic Castle.)

Because the dinner guests are seated first at the Palace of Mystery, we made sure to attend that. Unfortunately, that meant on Saturday we missed both Bob Jardine and Terry Seabrooke.

I think with TV shows featuring Lance Burton, David Copperfield, Penn & Teller, the Pendragons, etc. we have gotten too picky looking at excellent big stage work. Then too, we have seen wonderful stage magic in Las Vegas and on Broadway.

So it would have been smarter to focus on the small venue magic, which I see either in my own attempts or in magic videos where the performer is live, but sometimes the audience doesn't seem to be.

For the kid-friendly Sunday brunch, I wore the same sport coat and tie, but apparently this wasn't necessary as people were there in shirt sleeves and looked somewhat like a beach crowd -- at least in comparison. Our hotel gave us a pass that eliminated the door charge on Sunday. (Normally, $15 per person.)

There was mild amazement from everyone that we would attend the Magic Castle two days in a row. The attitude was these people are really into magic. (Or maybe, these folks are magic deprived.) Mercifully, no one in our party complained.

"Shh, this is Daddy's thing, kids."

And yes, Ron Wilson did autograph his book for me.

This was a great introduction to the Castle and I'm sure we'll be back again. Even the younger kid enjoyed the magic, as she got to show off her magic assistant skills.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess where I am going (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL