The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » That irritating phrase (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Yesterday I went on a rare shopping trip to the local Toys R Us, and stumbled upon a few kids' magic tricks. One was the obligatory brass nickels-to-dimes set. I picked it up and read the blurb on the back, and almost couldn't believe my eyes when I read the last sentence: "This is a real reputation maker!"

This is on a toy being marketed to eight-year-olds. Do they even know what the word "reputation" means???

Based on this, I think it's time the magic community at large -- performers, creators and dealers alike -- made an agreement to officially retire the term "reputation maker," and never use it in a serious context again, ever, for any reason. Who's with me?

(Oh, and I also found something that had been a good mentalism utility device, now being marketed to toddlers with a Ninja Turtles theme. It wasn't a good trip.)
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Now I'm assuming that when they use the term "reputation maker", they mean GOOD reputation?
:)
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Something I have always found hilarious about other magicians....

You are whining over TOYS for KIDS.

Chris
Scott Grimm
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
141 Posts

Profile of Scott Grimm
Spend enough time here. They whine about everything.
Faith is at the heart of all magic.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On 2004-09-14 09:33, Scott Grimm wrote:

_
:)
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
We do not whine about everything! I am so tired of hearing people say that! It's not fair!

Yours,

Paul
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Quote:
On 2004-09-14 09:33, Scott Grimm wrote:

Very very true Scott....aren't magicians fun? :-/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » That irritating phrase (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL