The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2004 entrée: Derren Brown » » Your creative process. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
Derren,

It's a pleasure and an honour to meet you here at the Café. Sincere toadying over, I was wondering if you could describe for us your creative process? How do you get your ideas? (What inspires you?) And how do you then develop those ideas for performance?

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Do you find yourself browsing through old, dusty tomes to find inspiration within stories, or do you keep to traditional 'magic' books?
DerrenBrown
View Profile
V.I.P.
109 Posts

Profile of DerrenBrown
Well, I have the luxury now of having people paid to thrash ideas around with. It's great. I find conversation with like-minded performers invaluable. But in terms of when I am on my own, there's no formula. I just try to keep the effect uncluttered and simple. Or I might think of the situation I would like to have an effect for first: in the street meeting a fan; in a restaurant; on stage; or wherever. Somehow from imagining that, ideas for effects sometimes organically flow. Or occasionally it's from something I realise I can do reliably, or from very satisfying method I stumble across while playing or out walking.
I don't go through old books as much as I should. But from time to time I will, and there's normally some treasure in there which I feel I can change into something which suits me.

No idea if that helps...

db
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2004 entrée: Derren Brown » » Your creative process. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL