The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Spain (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Billy Whizz
View Profile
Special user
Plymouth, UK
576 Posts

Profile of Billy Whizz
Are there any magicians on here who work hotels in Spain? If so could you please PM me.

Thanks,
Billy
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
If it's not a secret (lol) care to explain? Sorry to be nosy I'm just intrigued.
Matt
Billy Whizz
View Profile
Special user
Plymouth, UK
576 Posts

Profile of Billy Whizz
Hi Matt, no it's not a secret, my wife and I are looking at moving to Spain within the next couple of years to live due to her ill health. I'm just looking at getting as much info about working the hotels etc. in Spain before jumping in head first.

I asked to be PM'ed because I didn't think it would really interest anyone else. I'm also trying to get more info about actually buying and living there too, this hasn't got anything to do with magic which is why I would rather discuss it through private messages. Hope that cures your curiosity.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Sorry to hear about your wife. I would imagine Spain would have a big market for entertainers. Hope you do enjoy Spain when you do move and don't forget your computer so you can tell us hows it going!
Matt
Billy Whizz
View Profile
Special user
Plymouth, UK
576 Posts

Profile of Billy Whizz
Thanks Matt, I'll be taking my PC for sure.
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
We regularly visit Spain and the Canaries and have often thought along these lines ourselves. I believe work is obviously there but I personally believe that the level of party trading we do in the UK is not achievable purely amongst the British ex-pat. community. Someone please tell me if I'm wrong here! Holiday hotel, apartment bar work maybe? Spanish language essential?

Guess this thread must seem a long way away for our American Continent and Southern Hemisphere friends!

Update: Nov 12 2004

Just wondering if any further progress been made in this direction Billy?

We've visited Spain three times this past year. Mainland once and Canaries twice. November in Lanzarote seems just to consist of locals and thousands upon thousands of retired German and British people. People like the Lanzarote Parrot Man (a good bird act, they lift weights, hoist flags etc.), are just playing to two or three kids now during term time, and trying to upsell photos with the parrots as an extra. Not exactly the hundreds of children a week we can entertain in the UK at parties. To be quite honest, if I started playing piano again I think it would be an uphill struggle even with older people in the 5***** Hotels.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Spain (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL