We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Guinness, 50 records for 50 years. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

Profile of Stuart Burrell
This is the title given to a Television show that was transmitted on Saturday the 11th of September 2004.

It featured many wonderful records from around the world and highlighted the many skills and natural talents of those involved.

Yet the highlight, apart from Rachel Stevens (former member of the S-Club pop group) singing and setting a record, was the UK’s very own Weasel Dandaw and his escape from 20 metres of chain underwater.

If I recall correctly the escape took just under 11 seconds. This has now been accepted as a new World Record.

Despite the fact that the programme was live and time was running out Weasel stole the show and reduced a rather talkative host to silence.

Weasel, congratulations from everyone in the UKEA for setting the record and proving that the art is alive and well.
escapologist2001
View Profile
Regular user
Connah's Quay, Wales, UK
127 Posts

Profile of escapologist2001
Did anyone tape this? If so, any chance of a viewing at the next UKEA meeting?

Robin
Cindi
View Profile
Loyal user
Palm Bch, FL
285 Posts

Profile of Cindi
Way to go Weasel!
BTW, Those Hiatt 1960's that you sent me...
I had great Fun shimming them open while outside during Hurricane Frances. Got some "neat" photos while performing this with the Electric supply building behind me having the aluminum paneling torn off it from the winds.
Keep up the great work Dude!
El Cind
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Hats off to Stuart for hnging in there keeping the UKEA alive and well.

Weasel,
11 seconds/20 meters underwater= WoW! Great job! You have one for the grandkids one of these days. man I'm still in awe...
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Well you could knock me down with a shim. Not seen the show yet but my nipper has video of same as I also took part on that show (The Fire Blowing) At Stonehenge (Im the good looking stocky bald headed one in front centre !! Had no idea that Weasel was on the same show,,,well done mate.If I get back from the US in time will bring it along or drop it to you at the Portsmouth Jumbo Day.
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

Profile of Stuart Burrell
Hi Kondini

No idea you were on the show, well done with the fire breathing as it was fantastic to watch.

I've got the whole show recorded so if anyone wants to PM me (Robin) we can sort somting out.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
I am expecting a copy of the show to arrive shortly, looking foward to seeing Weasel's bit Smile

Ken, Martin was at the fire breathing (apparently he is the only guy they did a close up of on the show), but I could not be there as I was out of the country. I will be putting a copy of the fire breathing on the Freakshow website, so people can download it and play spot the Ken Smile Where are you going to be in the US by the way?

Have fun

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
NY from 23-28th Sept Annapolis 29-5th October NY 6-10th Oct Brooklyn 10-14th October. Looked out for you at SH, only did it cos Im just 15ml from there.Not seen the tape yet but a couple of buddies arnt that impressed !
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Stuart,

Any chance of putting Weasel's escape on the net (with his permission of course)? Would be great to see it.

That reminds me, is there a date for the next UKEA meeting yet?

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Guinness, 50 records for 50 years. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL