The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2004 entrée: Derren Brown » » Tearing down » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

freeflyphil
View Profile
New user
phil
79 Posts

Profile of freeflyphil
How do you cope with someone who feels that your effects (being so strong), confirm a belief which you know to be erroneous.? Are you bothered.?
I performed a trick one someone who went absoloutley nuts when she saw it ,which I loved. She then went on about various new age beliefs and suddenly I wasn't so happy with her reaction. Without revealing any methods I told her I was pracitcing deception and had to tare my act down as Andy Nyman describes in his DVD. I get the feeling that your more reluctant to do this, is that correct? Do you get many new agers claiming you as their champion?
DerrenBrown
View Profile
V.I.P.
109 Posts

Profile of DerrenBrown
Hmm - I've given an answer to this elsewhere. But I think it's relatively easy to control that sort of thing by the scripting of the effect.
Equally you can only be responsible for the central swerve of the bell-curve, in terms of audience response. There will always be people at either extremes who dismiss it entirely or fanatically over-respond. As long as most people get it in a way you're happy with, I think that's all you can aim for.

Thanks,
db
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2004 entrée: Derren Brown » » Tearing down » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL