The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2004 entrée: Derren Brown » » Please help me with my disbelieve » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tielie
View Profile
Special user
749 Posts

Profile of Tielie
When I watch your specials, I always get a a very annoying feeling of impossibility. It's hard to explain. Sometimes, you get a feeling of impossibility because it's so magical. Here, that's not the case. When a cap driver forgets where the London Eye is, or a man falls asleep at the phone (sure) it just screams "stooges" to me. And it annoys me, because many magicians love you and your style and think you are the real deal. And who am I NOT to believe them.
Can you, or anyone, advise me with some literature to just give me the idea something like the things in your show CAN be done, and are not always faked.

I hope you all can understand this, never have I felt so much difficulty explaining something in English Smile
Deal cards, not drugs!
DerrenBrown
View Profile
V.I.P.
109 Posts

Profile of DerrenBrown
I've answered this at length elsewhere, if you can be bothered to find it. But no, no stooges. Routines like those are working with suggestibility (I started my career as a hypnotist), which is different from classic magic methods, of course.
Sorry if they're not proving much fun for you. I don't think you'll find much literature on it.

Apologies,
db
DangerMouse
View Profile
Special user
LONDON CITY
509 Posts

Profile of DangerMouse
Try Ormand McGill, and maybe also some Erikson Books, Hypnotic Realities etc.

Curt.
Cheese is nothing but thick milk.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2004 entrée: Derren Brown » » Please help me with my disbelieve » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL