We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » How can I cover me (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dario
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Dario
I'm planing to do a comedy routine with the airmail bag the problem is that I need a cover and I work without assistants. I'm afraid that in some moment the espectators can take a look inside the cabinet if they are holding it, and a more sophisticated cabinet is not practical to me. I need something very practical. Any idea?

Darío
MarkTripp
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
618 Posts

Profile of MarkTripp
Yes

Don't use the cover.

In the Novak book on the mail bag he gives other ideas.

Years ago when I did the Abbott's bag I noticed I could "twist/roll" the bar until the lock came inside the bag. So I never used the gimmic again, I just picked the lock.

You can cover this with your body and the way you roll on the stage.

However, DO keep in mind you can't see anything while you are going this and it can lead to problems with jerks in the audience.

Twisted testicle!

Never forget those words!

Mark
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
I used two, nested bags. After being locked in the mailbag, a second cloth bag would be pulled up over me, mailbag and all, and tied shut with an 18" length of pliable nylon rope, which can be untied easily through the cloth of the bag.
After getting out of the mailbag and getting it 'back in order,' you untie the outer bag and emerge triumphant.
If you roll around and such, you look a little like the caterpillar from The Mummenschanz.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
Dario
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Dario
Thanks very much, great help folks!

Is the Novak book still available.Where can I find it?

If someone have another idea to sugest it will be well recive....

Darío
James Peters
View Profile
Veteran user
Romford, UK
385 Posts

Profile of James Peters
I also use a nested bag.

The only difference is that on the second bag, I use a piece of wire (it's about 8" long, and has a crimped look at either end).

I secure it with a SIGHT-UNSEEN INSPECTABLE COMBINATION PADLOCK.

To escape from the second bag, my hand finds the lock, then set I have to persuade it to open. Smile

James
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Yep do it without cover, plenty of movement with the neck of the bag away from the audience, it works a treat. You can also do this in front of a truck or roller heading toward you (You get plenty of visibility) So no worries.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » How can I cover me (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL