The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » OMICRON by Paolo Cavalli & Massimo Tira (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Daniel, give to Luke some time to read my book and, hopefully, he will comment on that.

Anyway, for now, what I can say is do not let the structure of the things to fool you.

Two routines could have the same structure as original thought but then one of them could have one or more "intermediate factors" (as I call them) intervening in the process while the other does not.

With this label (intermediate factors) I mean things that directly come in play during the effect - as a necessity for the chosen methodology to work - to make the effect LESS direct.

An example, to clear out things... I know of some routines in which people choose a number for the seat they want (let's say 1 to 4) but instead of letting them seat on the numbered chair they freely chose, the performer take out a box in which there are 4 different colors, each one corresponding to a number. And it's the color that will dictate, given the number each one chose BEFORE, on which seat each participant will sit on...

Now, whether you achieve this with clever (or dumb) multiple outs it's not the issue here... The issue here is that, and I hope you can see this, the whole thing is not as DIRECT as in "choose a number and go to seat on the chair with the number you chose!"... which is what I strive for!

Paolo Cavalli
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Jay Elf
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Jay Elf
Could anyone tell me where I can find $B!H(BLuke Jermay's Chair Prediction$B!I(B?

Thank you in advance.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Not in this thread, for sure Smile unless Luke does answer here to your question... and he's welcome to do that, if he wishes so...

... Luke?

Paolo Cavalli
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
malini
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of malini
I don't believe Luke Jermay has published the chair prediction in his current working repertoire.

From descriptions it seems to draw strong parallels with Gary Kurtz' chair prediction routine, now out of print.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Quote:
From descriptions it seems to draw strong parallels with Gary Kurtz' chair prediction routine, now out of print.

Malini, thank you.

If it is as you say, then his chair prediction is quite DIFFERENT from mine.

Paolo Cavalli
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Quote:
On 2004-09-23 15:22, Sean Fields wrote:
Another effect that I really liked was PKoin. The effect is simple, a twice signed coin is bent. The effect is dirt simple, there isn't much new and exciting here in the actual workings of the effect. What IS exciting, are the subtleties that are worked in. It is this little things that make this routine a miracle.

Sean, I don't know why... but I knew that PKOIN would have gotten your full attention! Smile

Add to this that, while I don't know Richard Osterlind's method for bending coins (he does not tell!), the old Massimo's method changed and UPDATED by me for the XXI century is as close to the REAL THING as it gets!

Paolo Cavalli
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Paolo, you are a mindreader! How did you know I would LOVE PKoin? LOL!

I agree, PKoin looks like the real thing, any PK'ers out there will be happy with the ideas within...

Sean
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Ok guys,

Luke Jermay just wrote to me about the Chair Prediction...

In his own words: "My chair sequence has roots in gary
kurtzs version and I have changed it quite a bit. Ours
are very different in both method and delivery."

Paolo Cavalli
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Oh... and for the record, I'm glad our respective versions are quite different and I'm happy Luke has not published his pet version anywhere up to now. It is his secret only!

Mmhhh... altought if he will ever publish it, since I did not see him perform it, I will be one of the first performers who will buy it. Eh! Eh! Eh!

Paolo Cavalli
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

THANK YOU, THANK YOU to the many people who bought UPSILON, OMICRON or both!!!

On SUNDAY the sales for the books will be CLOSED!

If someone is still undecided, hurry now...

Again, THANK YOU! You have made me richer! Smile

Paolo Cavalli
Zach Allen
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Zach Allen
All right...on to my reviews of the other items.

WOOK is interesting. I don't do book tests, so I won't use this, at least at this point in time. However, at the end Paolo describes a subtlety that is DEVIOUS. I laughed out loud when I read it, it is that good. This is how you know that this material is actually tested and not just concieved, written down and sold.

EQUINOX is a good multi-use deck, and it makes the execution of a semi-common sleight a lot cleaner and more mystifying. Once I get around to making the deck up, I'll be using it.

PKOIN is very good. I do the XPERT bend currently, but I'm going to be throwing this version in there as well as a way of switching up methods a bit. Again, the subtleties included make it so incredible.

Lastly, the booklet has some micellaneous ideas using the Sliver Bullet gimmick, which takes it far beyond the three routines that were originally included with the gimmick. The ideas are solid and workable.

This is a good book, and while I would have purchased it for Chairvelopes along, the others certainly sweeten the pot. If any of the above routines interest you, I would pick this up while you have the chance.

Zach
Check out all 6 of my e-books!
The Magic of Zach Allen

Also, here is a free PDF of ideas:
Starlit Circles
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
What is the file size of omicron
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Less than a meg
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

SALES CLOSED!

Thanks again to each and everyone of you who bought my book(s)!

Sincerely,
Paolo Cavalli
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Please, Paolo has stopped the sales so DO NOT order anymore unless Paolo gives you approval first. The orders are sent through Paypal and I cannot physically stop you from ordering, but you will loose a bit of money because PayPal takes out about 2.9 percent on each order.
DO NOT order anymore. Please.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2004-09-24 00:39, Lee Marelli wrote:
Is there any plans to put them both out in soft cover in addition to the ebook? Osterlind is doing it. Some of us prefer them to ebooks.

Lee,

I notice that Paolo is not planning to release either book in a printed version. (He previously had one of the books released as a spiral-bound book.) As an alternative, you can do what I have done with a number of e-books and lecture notes that I want to preserve. I photocopied the text and then took it down to Kinko's and had it spiral bound (just like Paolo had done) but I added a thick clear acetate front cover and a thick vinyl back cover. This not only preserves the manual but it also is very conducive for study purposes since the manual stays open in flat condition.

What I like to do is to assemble a number of small works by a magician and bind them all together into one spiral bound book. I did this with my copies of the Goldstein Color series and then I "retired" the 5 manuals into a protected padded envelope.

Just a thought for these two excellent e-books of Paolo.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » OMICRON by Paolo Cavalli & Massimo Tira (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL