The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Levitation Tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicguy45
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of magicguy45
Effect: The magician announces that they are going to make an empty cup float. They release their grip on the cup and it appears to float in mid air.
tong2_93
View Profile
New user
US Naval Air Facility,Ayase City,Japan
21 Posts

Profile of tong2_93
Get some Invisible thread to levitate small objects and when you want to levitate your own self (Elevator, King Rising, or Balducci Levitation), remember to do it on a wise spot.
"TRY AND TRY UNTIL YOU DIE..."
Good luck with your magic tricks...
Jeff Parmer
View Profile
New user
Redondo Beach CA
8 Posts

Profile of Jeff Parmer
Does anyone know the levitation that Paul Daniels did at Rich Bloch's convention a year ago in Las Vegas?
He stepped into a cardboard box. The card board box had the center of each panel cut out in a square shape, so that each of the four sides of the box (front, back, right, and left) looked like a thick picture frame. The top and bottom were open. HE stepped into it, and used a curtain (like a subtrunk curtain, but shorter). Then, he just floated up. It killed.
Marcello
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Marcello
Haven't seen it but guess it was the Fearson's Box
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2004-09-28 21:50, sammhoudini wrote:
I like the Wild Levitation that is mentioned above. You can appear to levitate yourself briefly, but it does require that you hold a suit jacket or similar cover in front from the waist to your shoes.

I think it's relatively easy to perform and still looks convincing.

I also like Wild Levi - easy to do and at the right time, it's a great illusion. I truly think the jacket adds to the effect.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Sounds a lot like Nicholas Einhorn's 'In Flight', actually.

Levitating objects? Try the resources mentioned above, and Jon LeClair's book, The Art of IT. Cheers.
Angio333
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of Angio333
I recently learned self-levitation from a DVD, but it did not give the name of the method. Can I PM one of you to describe the procedure in order to know which method I am using? Thanks.
- C
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
I'd be happy to receive your PM, Angio. Cheers.

Chris
annemarie
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of annemarie
If you want the best self levitation then get the icarus effect you can go over 1 foot with no cover and it is very practical

you can get it at http://www.icaruseffect.com

any questions
rpierce
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire - USA
1220 Posts

Profile of rpierce
With Icarus, can you walk around with it and be impromptu? How are the angles? Does it "talk"?
annemarie
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of annemarie
The angles are better with baggy pants I thin the total number of people you would be able to do it for I think is 5 or 6 and yes the gimmick is very comfortable and impromtu

by the way it was priced in such a way so that no one would be buying it just to figure it out and reveal it

I am 100% satisfied with the icarus effect
MagiCanada
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
140 Posts

Profile of MagiCanada
Elevator is nice since it's always ready to go and not as expensive as some others.

I've had success with it and a lot of fun.
annemarie
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of annemarie
If you want a good self levitation for a low price that is ready to go out of the box than I suggest the elevator 2 not 1 because with 2 you can look under the persons feet and cn't see anything

P.S. don't kick your self when you figure out how it is done
annemarie
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of annemarie
Oh! by the way magiCanada with the icarus effect you can go 4 times the height of the elevator 1 or 2 and once you build the gimmick like the elevator it is always ready to go the only reason it is not built for you is because you have to build the gimmick according to your cloths and the size

my recommendation is the icarus effect
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Levitation Tricks (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL