The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Andrew Mayne's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KHER
View Profile
New user
Kher Cheng Guan
48 Posts

Profile of KHER
I am thinking of getting the booklet by Andrew Mayne: POCKET SAWING IN HALF. Are the illusions convincing to be perform professionally?
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Pocket sawing can be good if you do it the right way. I have only performed it a couple of times. It played well. It takes people by suprise. The best was when I played it along with a card to mouth. I 'accidently' swallowed the card. Then had to cut myself and reach into my stomach and get the card. I really just did the pocket sawing and reached under my shirt with a mercury folded and fingerpalmed card.
Simple, but played well.

Chad
Jorge Gonzalvo
View Profile
New user
Spain
71 Posts

Profile of Jorge Gonzalvo
Does it requires good sport conditions?...I´ve heard that you have to be a thin person.

Is that correct?

How much money do you have to spend to build the gimmick? Is it easy to find ?

Thanks
Gracy_hm
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
195 Posts

Profile of Gracy_hm
You have the stuff in your house I bet! If not it will cost you less then ten cents. I built mine in less then 5 min. and I never heard you had to be skinny.
KHER
View Profile
New user
Kher Cheng Guan
48 Posts

Profile of KHER
Anyway, I just like to know are the illusions angle-friendly? I would like to perform it in shopping malls.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Quote:
On 2002-08-21 03:12, KHER wrote:
Anyway, I just like to know are the illusions angle-friendly? I would like to perform it in shopping malls.

Once you buy the booklet, you will be better able to judge whether the angles are suited for your needs. Although I will say that it cannot be performed 'in the round'.

Chad
and yes you should already own all the things necessary to build it. It took me about 10 minutes to build mine.
Jorge Gonzalvo
View Profile
New user
Spain
71 Posts

Profile of Jorge Gonzalvo
I thougth that the effect could be done full surrounded, so I´m afraid I´m wrong.
Gracy_hm
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
195 Posts

Profile of Gracy_hm
It can be done surrounded if done right "Box"

BUT it is better to not do it surrounded.
eebie376
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of eebie376
Hmm...I heard 2 if the routines could be done surrounded 2. I think I've figured this trick out. Someone PM me I'll see if I'm right...Or you can just say yes or no. Props needed: A shirt and *******s?? People who own it will know... Thanks.
Ian Smile
promethee
View Profile
Regular user
France
125 Posts

Profile of promethee
I hope it's better in real than the little demo on Mayne site (the animated gif).
Someone seeing this could say : "So what ?".
La fleur de l'illusion produit le fruit de la realite.
Gracy_hm
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
195 Posts

Profile of Gracy_hm
I think it is much more impressive (especialy with the various presentations but his new video or one of his books is more bang for your buck then one trick.

Still I have pocket sawing and use it often
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Pardon my vulgarity, but judging from the animation on his website it looks like he's, well, masterbating. What exactly is this "sawing in half" supposed to look like? What are you supposedly sawing with?
Gracy_hm
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
195 Posts

Profile of Gracy_hm
I not only pardon that I laugh at it Smile
irishmagic
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of irishmagic
I own the booklet and I was a bit un impressed, the illusion cannot be performed and it only looks good if you suprise your audience. Its a good throw away effect
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Andrew Mayne's (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL