The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » If my dove has an egg, it's ok if I take it away? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sharonyyy
View Profile
New user
israel
57 Posts

Profile of sharonyyy
She won't be angry at me?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4984 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
If you don't have a male and female dove, the egg isn't fertile anyway. You can take it away without any problems. Your dove will not know the difference.

I do it all the time unless I want to raise babies.
Where the magic begins
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20494 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Sharonyyy,

She will normally lay two eggs and then skip about ten days, if you take them out of her cage. Unless the eggs are fertile and you want to raise babies, taking them out is the thing to do. Raising babies will make her unavailable for your magic shows.

Raising babies is fun but a different road to travel.

Enjoy your doves.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
magicsam
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of magicsam
If you own a male and a female dove, how often do they have eggs that are fertile? If you own both male and female, but it wouldn't be helpful having babies, how do you make sure that they do not have fertile eggs?
Would you dispose of the eggs as soon as you see them, or is this theoretically killing the baby?
Thanks,
Sam
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4984 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
You have to decided if you want babies or not. A male and female adult pair will almost always lay fertile eggs. You can hold them up to a light and look for the baby but if you don't want babies, it really doesn't matter. Just get rid of the eggs when you see them. So bottom line is you can't stop them from laying eggs but you can prevent them from hatching by destroying them.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » If my dove has an egg, it's ok if I take it away? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL