The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Clarence Miller Viking Wood Finger Chopper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1446 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Is this chopper examinable?....or can they only look at it very casually?.....i,ve never seen one up close and was wondering if the method is very obvious to the volunteer.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3724 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
The M.O. is not obvious to the spectator/assistant/victim at all. I have one of each of these, the original by Clarence Miller of Kentucky (hand-made and numbered), the one made by Chalet (with Clarence's permission), and the one currently being made by Viking. I even have a walnut version with a very early number. It's a nice piece. Love those choppers.

Steve Thomas
chanor
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
133 Posts

Profile of chanor
Clarence Miller's were perfectly honed. The pieces in the newer ones don't fit together as nicely and the workings are a bit tight. I let the spectator examine the holder-base and, while I hold the wooden blade, he runs his finger over the smooth surface to verify that it is "one solid piece."
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Profile of tdowell
I agree with the above posts. This is a nice effect, but I wouldn't let someone handle it for more than a couple seconds.
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
326 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
I assume this is the "chopper" with the wodden panel rather than a metal blade.

Does anyone know if the Hades style chopper is still manufactured ? I would pay loads for the deluxe unit called (I think) Mafia Manicure which was marketed with a routine by Giovanni Livera.
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3724 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Yes, you can still find the Hades choppers occasionally. I have a friend with a box full of 'em to sell. I got lucky a few years ago when they came out and bought a Mafia Manicure. Like I said in an earlier post...LOVE those choppers. I still have my original little metal Adams choppers before they had to convert them to the 3 hole "cigarette cutter" model due to some idiot's inability to read instructions.

Steve Thomas
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2004-09-23 08:38, Stevethomas wrote:
"...I have one of each of these, the original by Clarence Miller of Kentucky (hand-made and numbered), the one made by Chalet (with Clarence's permission), and the one currently being made by Viking. I even have a walnut version with a very early number...."

Um Steve, if you haven't made out a will yet, it's spelled D-A-V-I-D-S-O-N.
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of Snidini
I have yet had a spectator figure out this great closeup piece. It is also one of my all time favorites. I love choppers too Steve and picked up a Hades unit several months ago. What a piece of work. They are still available through MidWest Magic in Chicago.

Snidini
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3724 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
After reading these posts, I actually got my Mafia Manicure out and was playing with it...heh heh.

Steve Thomas
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6886 Posts

Profile of Dougini
This is it:

http://www.palmbeachmagicshop.com/images......otos.JPG

Still available. Signed and numbered by the artist. That way you KNOW you're getting an original! Smile

Doug
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
I have a brand new Hades Finger Chopper for sale here. Please take a look.

Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
I too also have one of the Original CM Choppers that I purchased from Mr. Miller himself back in 1985!

It's signed & numbered in that secret place! Smile

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Clarence Miller Viking Wood Finger Chopper (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL