The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Comedy cards across (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dario
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Dario
Hi,

I'm developing the cards across effect for stage show. My problem is that by the moment my aproach is very similar to another routines I have made, and I want add variation to my show.

Do you know some presentations or ideas for do the cards across in a comedy way?

I'm looking not for versions, just presentations...

Thanks,
Darío
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Sound effects, funny ones I find work. Pretend to make the noise as the card travels and goes into their pocket.
Matt
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
--Present it as a game of tennis. (e.g. ACE!) Even give them little racquets.

--A pickpocket routine. One spec is the mark, the other is the pick pocket.

--Get them to act out the throw action, each time make it more elaborate.

--Have one be a boomerang that comes back.
Ollie1235
View Profile
Special user
England
533 Posts

Profile of Ollie1235
Mac king does a hilarios cards acros on stage , he goes backstage and comes back out with an invisible cloak on, absolutly hilarious. the effect in my opinion isn't really that strong , but with his presentation it kills.

ollie
Dario
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Dario
Thanks for your comments. That's what I'm looking for: a good presentation and perhaps some of your ideas will make the spark of inspiration I need...

In my opinion the plot with tought cards adds a mental effect that is more magical but in some events is dificult to build up for a question of rythm, visibility,drinks...

But the non thought cards plot, more a phisical miracle than a mental one, can work very well if you put the artristy more in the routinig and presentation than in the magic impact (that of course you don't have to forget)

So any idea will be wellcome. Any sugestion?

Darío
sniper1
View Profile
Veteran user
malta eu
343 Posts

Profile of sniper1
Well it depend on what type of people you are working for , but a good presentation would be to describe the journey the card takes , example now its floating on the air , look now its perched on your shoulder is going down between your { then you statter a bit } hmmmm no its actually climbing back up and crawling on your back , ect ect
THE MOST CRAZY MAGICIAN ON THE MALTESE ISLANDS
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Dario:

Are you working on a presentation for children or adults? Or family audiences?

Ron
Dario
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Dario
Hi,

I'm working on a presentation for adults.

For children I do basically the Wayne Dobson versión, for family I have develope a good rythm with the classic thought cards plot and the help of hankerchiefs instead of envelopes for hide the palming and the change of packet.

But for adults I want the no thought card plot and some "theme" or presentation but without repeat some of my previous plots (that's the big problem)and triying to be original.

By the way, Does anybody perform the effect for adult audience?Wich effect it gets?

Is a personal thing I know it, and is one of the thinks that keep us alive, look for something, think about it, spend nocturnal hours,that's the creative part of each one in our art...
But perhaps with a little help from my friends...

Internet is now as if you talk with the people of your magic circle but to a worldwide level...

Thanks to all of you for your interest,
Darío
isaacfawlkes
View Profile
Loyal user
FL
249 Posts

Profile of isaacfawlkes
I use two women from the audience. Have them count ten cards and place on their body. The byplay works very nicely. It seem like it could be very embarassing for the ladies but if you treat them with respect them seem to have a good time. It can be done for younger people by just changing the patter slightly. The routine I use is based upon Johnny Pauls routine. You can find it on his video from Joe Stevens.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Comedy cards across (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL