The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Combining Magic And Something Else (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MarkFarrar
View Profile
Veteran user
U.S.A.
376 Posts

Profile of MarkFarrar
I have had this mad hankering for some years now to combine my performance of Orville Meyer's "Amazing Magic Square And Master Memory Demonstration" and riding a unicycle.

I haven't achieved it yet - riding the unicycle has been the stumbling block (pun intended!), but I was wondering what other weird combinations that people have tried or conceived.

The only other thing that springs to mind was a lady magician combining an escape with a mindreading effect at an IBM Convention in the UK a few years ago, so what else can you come up with?
Mark S. Farrar

Email: [email]MarkFarrar@TheMagicCircle.co.uk[/email]
Web: www.MagicSquaresBook.com, www.RandMPublishing.com, www.TheDailyGoalMachine.com, www.ParvoBuster.com
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Mark,

These may not be weird, but hear are some nearly normal combinations.

Mime and Ventriloquism

Balls from my and Nigel's(the puppet that rocks and talks) mouth. Sort of a Vito Lupo meets Edgar Bergen.

Ventriloquism and close up magic. An example is doing Rene Levand's It Can't be done any slower while Nigel, heckles me.

Green Make up and Mime for a Zuchinni Festival.(This was in Reno, Nevada, years before the Blue Group)

Mime and Magic

Blues Harmonica and Ventriloquism.

In the works Ventriloquism and Mentalism.
Keep this one under wraps. I am guessing that not too many mentalist read this section. Currently I am reading some of Banachecks stuff. Nigel(LOL) loves it.

Creativity and Magic what a great concept.
Sure beats cookie cutter magicians.(I know I used to be one)

Harris Smile
Smile
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
One of the most interesting I've seen is an Ungimmicked Strait Jacket escape while riding an unicycle. That lady was nuts!!
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
x-treem,

That reminds me I combined a distant voice with my nearly normal strait jacket routine.

Harris Smile

:coolest:
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
MiNiM
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
111 Posts

Profile of MiNiM
Working as a duo in a variety act, we've used:

magic + music (Kath playing accordion accompaniment to a silent silk and ball routine)

magic + puppetry (I do a Three bears and the Big Bad Wolf story to the Professors Nightmare, while Kath does the wolf puppet)

Ventriloquism + music (I play guitar, while Kath operates Casey; we have a three way conversation incorporating a song.)

And I suppose you could say that lots of my routines combine magic and storytelling.
I've not tried rhyming patter, but that would be magic + poetry!

Sorry - nothing as spectacular as unicycles though!

Cheers,

Bill
He asked me if I liked card tricks. I said "No." He did three. (W. Somerset Maugham)
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
Quote:
On 2002-08-20 14:14, x-treem wrote:
One of the most interesting I've seen is an Ungimmicked Strait Jacket escape while riding an unicycle. That lady was nuts!!

Where did you see this Smile do you know who it was?
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Combining Magic And Something Else (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL