The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Double Doves from Tied Silks. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2107 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Hi.
Just been thinking, what is the best way? Is it the Shimida method were the silks are tied to the holders or the more frequently used one were the holders are tied together. If you have used both what are the disavantages and advantages? By the way Bob, loved the unicorn!
Thanks
Matt
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4984 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Matt, "what is the best" is always a relative question. The "best" is whatever works for you. I used to use the method where the holders were attached to each other but now I do the version used by Victor and Diamond. This is a variation of the Shimada version but it does not require the standard body load.

The silks are held well away from the body, tied together and then the hands are slid to each end where the doves appear. For me, this is the best but it may not be for you.
Where the magic begins
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2107 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
That's sounds pretty nice. Do you think they all have the same reaction as I think the victor and dimond one sounds more effective as you don't have to bring the knot up to your mouth. (I think)
Matt
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
879 Posts

Profile of sperris
In my opinion, the Channing Pollock way looks much smoother than the Victor and Diamond way or Shimada way where they are tied to the silks. It makes sense to put the silks in your mouth...etc. But now then the argument of you don't have to put the silks in your mouth with the Victor method or Shimada method, yes you don't, but I think looks sort of bulky. Amos does a very very nice double too, but now I'm starting to compare apples to oranges, but yeah, personal preference I guess. I have a version of double doves I'm putting out soon on my extremedovemagic.com site, just a pdf and video you can download where you tie the silks in a knot, and produce a cane... some old method, but then from the silks two doves crawl up and out and perch up on the cane, it looks very pretty, I'll keep you posted on it if anyone's interested...

SperriS
DANSPERRY.COM
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2107 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Sounds cool Sperris. I've not heard of Amos.
Matt
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4984 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Arghhhh. Not heard of Amos Levkovitch??? Amazing dove performer and heck of a nice guy too.

Dan, you're right about victor and diamonds method being bulky if you bring your hands together the way they do. It always looked funky to me. I slide my hands to the ends of the silks and produce the doves from there using one hand releases. Looks much cleaner. I personally never liked putting the silks in my mouth. Just never appealed to me. Nowadays, anyone who has seen a dove act, pretty much knows what's going to happen when they see the silks go to the mouth.
Where the magic begins
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
Dan's right the Pollack method is the best, but, so many magicians have done it poorly, I find it hard to witness. If you can't perform an effect as good or better than the best... STOP!
POOF!
Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
Can anyone tell me where I could buy the effect? Or where I could learn it? Sperris I checked out your site, pretty cool I shall get some stuff from there for sure once I get my doves.

Best,

Luke
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2107 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
We don't hear of many magi in our little village..England.
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
879 Posts

Profile of sperris
General Grant explains his version on is DVD/Vido available from Steven's Magic. Victor explains the sleeve version as well as Shimada does the sleeve version too in their individual videos. Victor and Diamonds can be found on their web site, Shimada's can be purchased from Steven's magic as well. Owen Magic used to sell the Channing Pollock set up for the double doves too, but pretty pricy.

SperriS
DANSPERRY.COM
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2107 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I've got the Shimada and General Grant, I was just wondering which one works better.
Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Double Doves from Tied Silks. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL