The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » What to do if someone breaks a prop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
If the kid rips the ears off the spongs bunny, give him the ears and tell him, when he grows up to be a matador, one of the highest compliments is to be awarded the ears of the bull!

Next show, when you bring out the earless bunny, you can say, "This was Tolouse Lautrec's bunny!" The folks who know about that will get it. Those who don't, look at them and say: "would you believe he had a HARE cut?" pause "with a chainsaw?"

Just a few ideas on a late night after two shows...

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Quote:
On 2004-12-12 05:55, Lee Darrow wrote:
...Next show, when you bring out the earless bunny, you can say, "This was Tolouse Lautrec's bunny!"...
Lee Darrow, C.H.

Must have been a late night, Lee. Don't you mean Vincent Van Gogh?

Just some early morning nit-picking. (What exactly is a nit, anyway?)

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
A nit is the egg sack of a head louse(lice).

Kirk
jrandcc
View Profile
Regular user
New York
141 Posts

Profile of jrandcc
Usually it is important to judge your audiences. If you see some drunk adults it is wise not to take out expensive eqiupment. Also if you see alittle kid, producing stuff animals or other cute things is great, but don't hand it to them, but a young child's first question usually is what does tastes like, if you know what I mean.

Its always important to choose your audiences wisely and what you perform for them.
The Balloon Animal
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of The Balloon Animal
I had a little heavy set girl fall backwards at a show and sat and cracked my 1000.00 hand-made guitar. mom didn't even make eye contact with me, avoided me when the show was done they all cleared the room, I learned a valuble lesson....buy a 100 dollar guitar and take it as a write-off

put props away when there finished with
God Bless

Michael Lynn Jr.

The Balloon Animal

Music, Magic and Awesome Balloons

www.balloonanimal.com

www.twistergifts.com

www.twisterart.com
Dr. Faust
View Profile
Regular user
Louisville, Kentucky
183 Posts

Profile of Dr. Faust
I agree with the others who said that the parents SHOULD have been responsible enough to offer something more than a "lame" sorry. Yes, a nice tip or even an offer to pay for it would have been best. However, we're not living in ideal world, of course. So, I agree with those who have suggested not letting the kids play with the props. It's just a fact that kids will sometimes break things, if they are allowed to play with them. Even adults will sometimes break things, if they are just allowed to examine them too much. So, unless you are willing to shrug your shoulders and carry on, willing to take the financial loss with it, I'd say just don't let the kids mess with them.
"I have such sights to show you!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » What to do if someone breaks a prop (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL