The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Howdy from Austin texas! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

poppa
View Profile
New user
Austin, Tx.
73 Posts

Profile of poppa
HI,

I'm just now getting back into magic after a long layoff. I was heavily involved from about 1972 to 1979 or so but life happened and while I never lost interest, I lost the time...

Anyway, I'm now 45 years old and freshly re-bitten by the magic bug!

I've started reaquainting myself with my cards, coins, and sponges, and it's feeling pretty good.

I'm also playing with IT for the first time and am wanting to develop a new "Dancing Silk" routine.

What I want to accomplish is a routine where the silk actually dances with me accompanied by a fairly slow ballad (to be determined later)

I'm familier with many of the dancing (whatever) effects, and I don't want to use a modified zombie effect OR an IT effect that requires any anchors other than to ME.

I'm liking the method used in Steve Fearson's Flying Gigarette and his area 51 routines, and while I'm having some success at getting the silk to "Glide" via this method, I'm looking for a little more "Dancing" type of animation.

Any suggestions??

Cheers,
~Poppa Jim Mitchell
~Poppa Jim Mitchell
http://www.AVisitWithSanta.com
Cheryl
View Profile
New user
Houston,Texas
12 Posts

Profile of Cheryl
I just wanted to say welcome from Houston,Texas.
:thehat:
You don't chose magic...magic chooses you!
~Siegfried
"To rise above what seems impossible,one must first believe"
~Siegfried & Roy
"Magic is an illusion. Courage is real."
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20496 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Howdy Pappa!

Welcome to The Magic Café. We can always use another young man. (Here at age 45 we just think you are getting serious about magic.)

We can also always use inventors. Your site of Puzzle Toys is very interesting. We look forward to "Puzzle Silks". It would appear to me that silk/rope combination tricks would a piece of cake for you. What about a "Ring on Silk" puzzle?

Enjoy The Magic Café. I'm glad you're here.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
Hi,

Glad to see you. Ah the woman who got away was from Austin...memories. Smile

Frank
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Poppa,
Welcome to the best place about magic ever. You have a very nice introduction indeed.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has nearly 15.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
From San Antone, hello.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Poppa,

You can see for yourself what a friendly place this is! Welcome to the Café! Please don't hesitate to post or ask questions. Have fun!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Howdy from Austin texas! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL