The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Slim Price's Sideshow Notes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Profan
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Profan
I wanted to come on and quickly plug Slim Price's notes. I apologize to him for not doing so sooner.

He responded promptly with notes on Human Blockhead and Bed of Nails, both of which were incredibly detailed. I couldn't ask for anything more. Slim's notes are a great learning tool, and I reccommend them to everyone.

Thanks again Slim!

Andy
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Thanks for your comments. It seems that the "elitists" have time to ask for the methods but not to acknowledge recieving them. Out of about 70 requests for various acts, only 4 have said thanks.
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
darkp0is3n
View Profile
New user
Texas
58 Posts

Profile of darkp0is3n
I think I said thanks for your info on the blockhead slim, if I didn't, I'm sorry. You gave me GREAT information, I think if it wasn't for you...I would have killed myself. I am having a huge delay on sideshows right now, mutual agreement with my dad.
pikacrd
View Profile
Veteran user
Florida
387 Posts

Profile of pikacrd
I would also like to add my thanks to Slim for some information that he graciously provided to help me out. Although I PM'ed him with my thanks I think that it is important to publicly tell everyone how much helpful advice and knowledge this member of the Café offers.

Again My hat is off to you Slim

Kris
“Indubitably, Magic is one of the subtlest and most difficult of the sciences and arts. There is more opportunity for errors of comprehension, judgment and practice than in any other branch of physics”. William S. Burroughs 1914-1997 American Writer
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Thanks, one and all!
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
darkp0is3n
View Profile
New user
Texas
58 Posts

Profile of darkp0is3n
Your welcome, Slim.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
From me too, they notes are excellent and very appreciated.

Slim, you are one of a kind, so few people have so much that they are willing to give.

David Straitjacket
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
Several years ago Slim gave me the low down on "Electra" from his discussion group. Although I have yet to acquire the cajones to try it his notes where very detailed and thought out.

Slim, I hope you know how appreciative I was for sheding light on a mystery that I have always wanted to present. One day. I just need a guinea pig to sit in the chair before I do.

We are all lucky he is so giving and helpful with his wisdom.

Chicken
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Thank you all...
Slim
Now, feed Howie Diddits, if you can.<G>
Activity keeps me going. and right now, I need that.
sanscan@tds.net

docdazzal
View Profile
Veteran user
San Tan Valley, AZ
340 Posts

Profile of docdazzal
Greetings One & All...

Like the great old song about show business goes: "There's no people like show people"...and I wanted to let all of you know how much I appreciate being able to be apart of this forum and continue to learn in all aspects of our art.

I asked Slim, who knows nothing about me...nor have we ever met, for some help and lecture notes concerning getting my sideshow off the ground. Without hesitation, Slim offered several great ideas and lecture notes, the information in which, will be invaluable to me.

What a privilege it is to associate with show people who are so willing to share ideas and information. Please accept my thanks and gratitude Slim...I appreaciate very much, your time, ideas, and your gracious sharing of your lecture notes with me.

May all the good things of the Universe come to you and yours under grace and in perfect ways. My top hat is off to you...continued success.

Best Regards,
Doc Dazzal
http://www.docdazzal.com
Dr. Dan
Psychic & Paranormal Entertainment
www.drdanandco.com
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
The last couple of days, I have receieved requests to "Send me your notes." Since there is a lot of risk to many of these acts I choose not to send hundreds of pages indiscriminately to the "Elite" who want free secrets. If you need information for a specific act you want to perform, I will help if I can. Please don't abuse this. There are years tied up in my writing.
You will need to send an E-mail to sanscan@4dcomm.com with a short bio, telling me why you need to know...
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi Slim

I hope that my request for notes did not come across in this way, I certainly don't consider myself
elite' in any way, though I sense the sarcasm in your quotation marks.

Most of the notes I requested were for acts I already perform, but with the sure knowledge that your notes would contain something I didn't already know, which they did. I am a glutton for learning about the art that I love, and will take any opportunity to find out more, even the slightest detail. Which is why I asked for what I did.

Anyway, my apologies if I seemed greedy, it was never my intention, nor was I just trying to get 'free secrets' from you.

Thanks again Slim, you are a star. I hope you and Krista are well.

David Straitjacket
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
David, thanks.... You and I know the difference between those who just want a free ticket and those who will make use of information in a practical way. The "elite" I refer to are those who want me to just send them a free book, just to get it. I only share what I can to those who I consider legitimately interested and are aware of the risks of doing what we do. I am very afraid of the possibility that some kid will gut himself or spoil a real workers show without being responsible for his/her own actions.
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

Jnana
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Jnana
Hi Slim, I have to agree your information is top notch. One of your E mail covered more then the years I have tried to research sideshow. But what Slim shares that is even more important is the mistakes that can be made so I can prepare for them the best I can. Yes I have burnt and cut myself to pay the price of what I want to do, but thanks to Slim I have never had anything really go wrong (I thank you and so does my body).
I don't want to put words in Slim's mouth but I think one of the best way I can thank him is to not cheapen what he has taught me. I am so glad to see so many people feel the same way
THANK YOU SLIM and talk to you later Tony
When I feel blue I start to breath again
darkp0is3n
View Profile
New user
Texas
58 Posts

Profile of darkp0is3n
ONce again, Thank you slim. The notes you just sent me taught me a few things that I didn't already know. I greatly appreciate your info.
Cody.
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
498 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
Hey Slim,

Thank you. A few months back you sent me note for the Electric Girl act. Last week Dr. Specter’s Chamber of the Bizarre and Unusual, opened for its sixth year at the Trail of Terror (in Shakopee, MN). We preformed at least 40 shows in four days. Volta our Electric Girl, did great. Other acts in the Specter’s tent are the Swami who performs Max Maven’s Kurotsuke, myself performing mind floss with an animal balloon and eating fire, and lastly the good doctor turns Igor into a gorilla (pre the class girl to gorilla).

Thanks again for your help,
Gavin D. aka Mr.Skin
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
I'm always glad to see success... You have a heritage, respect it and pass it on. Thanks for posting...
Slim Price
sanscan@tds.net

The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
Hey cowboy, what is "Howie Diddits?" I would love to help you anyway I can but I need the FYI on this ungoogleable mention.

Will
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
jennieprice
View Profile
Regular user
Quartzsite, Az
118 Posts

Profile of jennieprice
Basically, it's magic on the cheap. There are many effects that can be done for a couple of bucks, rather than the hundreds that magic shops and dealers are charging.

jennieprice
oscarquella
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of oscarquella
Mr Skin! That was going on in my back yard and I didn't even know about it?!? Noooooooo... Any other shows coming up? What else do you folks do?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Slim Price's Sideshow Notes (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL