The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Bloopers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

paulajayne
View Profile
Inner circle
London England
1160 Posts

Profile of paulajayne
Church Bulletin Bloopers

1. Wednesday night Potluck Supper. Prayer and medication to follow.
2. A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow.
3. A songfest was hell at the Methodist church Wednesday.
4. At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be "What Is Hell?" Come early and listen to our choir practice.
5. The senior choir invites any member of the congregation who enjoys sinning to join the choir.
6. Eight new choir robes are currently needed, due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.
7. Don't let worry kill you. Let the church help.
8. The Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.
9. Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10. All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the B.S. is done.
10. The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the congregation would lend him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday morning.
11. Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM. Please use the back door.
12. The pastor will preach his farewell message, after which the choir will sing, "Break Forth Into Joy."
13. Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community.
14. The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare's Hamlet in the Church basement Friday at 7 PM. The Congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.
15. The rosebud on the altar this morning is to announce the birth of David, the sin of Rev. and Mrs. Adams.
16. Tuesday at 4 PM there will be an ice cream social. All ladies giving milk will please come early.
17. Weight Watchers will meet at 7 PM at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use large double door at the side entrance.
18. Mrs. Johnson will be entering the hospital this week for testes.
19. Please join us as we show our support for Amy and Alan who are preparing for the girth of their first child.
20. The Lutheran Men's group will meet at 6 PM. Steak, mashed potatoes, green beans, bread and dessert will be served for a nominal feel.
21. The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new tithing campaign slogan last Sunday: "I Upped My Pledge - Up Yours."
22. Our next song is "Angels We Have Heard Get High."
23. For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
24. This being Easter Sunday, we will ask Mrs. Lewis to come forward and lay an egg on the altar.
25. The service will close with 'Little Drops of Water'. One of the ladies will start quietly and the rest of the congregation will join in
Paula Jay - Magic to Remember -
---------------------------------
I once wrote a book on elephants, I think paper would have been better.
----
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Here in the US Jay Leno has something called "Dumb Ads."

And he showed one from a mall near my home, where they were advertising for the holidays.

It said:

"Come sit on Satan's Lap!!!"
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
jwebyra
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
140 Posts

Profile of jwebyra
I remember the Statler Bros. from time to time would read quotes like these from Church bulletins on their show. They would occasionally have magic too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Bloopers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL