The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Escapology ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Red Von
View Profile
Loyal user
Branson, MO
251 Posts

Profile of Red Von
Hello

Anyone have any recommendations for best source of information on the subject of escapes? Looking for best books and video? Anyone considered a leading authority on this subject?

Thanks
Red Von
WEASEL DANDAW
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of WEASEL DANDAW
Hi Red Von,

I can highly reccommend the book "Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Entertaining With Escapes (but no one would tell you" by Steve Santini. I have just finished it and I can assure you it covers every aspect of what it states in the title. Don't get the idea you are going to find out the how to's (secrets), but it will tell you how to become a professional escape artist if you are willing to work for it. Santini has also written other works on the subject of escape, so check out his website.

Weasel
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
I love this book too, and also highly recommend it as I do all of Steve's manuscripts. You can order it from Shawn Ness at http://www.ealib.org. There is also a great list of other books and videos on the site.
Best regards, Tony Parisi
Red Von
View Profile
Loyal user
Branson, MO
251 Posts

Profile of Red Von
Is it safe to say, Santini is the leading authority on escapes? Does he have any videos?

Anyone have any thoughts on David Deval?

Red Von
WEASEL DANDAW
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of WEASEL DANDAW
David De-Val's Escapology Secrets is the video you want. David was a great EA and his methods are still some of the best today.
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

Profile of Stuart Burrell
From a 'finding out' point of view, for someone starting out David De-Vals work is very good and will give a few pointers on how to progress.

His Cell Escape is a fantastic read....Can't wait for Riley's
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I'm waiting for Riley's Book as well. I just wish I would of been able to get De-Vals video Tape. Don,
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
939 Posts

Profile of Riley
The book should be ready in the next few months.
Tentative title is "Break out".

Don: I may have a spare David DeVal tape, I'll have a look for it. I think Tony Parisi found it was still available from Jeani Products, and bought one recently (I may be wrong). It's a very good tape.
Not sure if it was ever produced in NTSC format, probably only PAL VHS, but if your player doesn't handle this I would say it's worth the cost of having it transferred to a format you can use! There will be no more David DeVal tapes!

Just want to record my thanks to Weasel Dandaw for his assistance with some of the photography for the new book. When he's a big name I might be able to borrow money from him Smile

Red Von: Read/view a sample of material from the experts - Steve Santini, Shawn (X-treem) Ness, Norm Bigelow, Steve Baker, Ian McColl etc.
You'll get an idea of their individual and unique style and knowledge. There's probably never been a better time than this for really good information available for those with a genuine interest.
Regards

Riley
WEASEL DANDAW
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of WEASEL DANDAW
Thanks Riley.

The cheques in the post.
Red Von
View Profile
Loyal user
Branson, MO
251 Posts

Profile of Red Von
Where can I find a copy of the book "Apparatus Bellie" ?

Does Santini still offer a challenge of his Super Cuffs ?

Red Von
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Why not try E-Bay or google or even a Book Store. Don,
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
The only outside funding for the Escaporium were the signs which were gifted by one individual, the rest of what is said about "bilking little old ladies" is rubbish. Beyond that there was another nice person who built the preforming stage in there but the wood, screws and the like were all paid for out of Steve's pocket, I was there when it was done.

Shawn
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Now that's Love for the Art. Paying for Something out of ones own Pocket. Don,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Escapology ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL