We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2004 entrée: David Parr » » Reviewing » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2323 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
What do you take into consideration when doing reviews on http://www.mylovelyassistant.com ?
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2586 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Reviewing on MLA must be tough, especially when you have a wonderful reviewer like Brad Henderson on staff.

I hear he is just dreamey!
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
881 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Hello Brian. Among the factors I consider when reviewing items for MyLovelyAssistant are: Is the product well produced? Does the product require extra materials or is everything in the box? Are the instructions clear and easy to follow? What skill level is the product intended for? Is the product fairly priced? Do ad descriptions accurately portray the product? Is the product approved by its creator?

There are many more.
grymoire
View Profile
New user
Chicago
2 Posts

Profile of grymoire
How does writing reviews for MyLovelyAssistant.com compare to writing for a print publication -- like when you wrote for Genii Magazaine? Do you use the same approach?
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
881 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Hello "Grymoire." Nice of you to drop by.

I use the same approach when writing for online publication that I do for print. Apples is apples, whether you eat them whole or pureed; information is information, whether it's online or on trees.

That said, online is so much faster and more responsive. We can update info on the site within minutes of receiving it. With print, you're locked in. Updates would be months down the line.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2004 entrée: David Parr » » Reviewing » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL