The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Bill Shirk/Modern Day Houdini book ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Red Von
View Profile
Loyal user
Branson, MO
251 Posts

Profile of Red Von
Has anyone read this book and have any thoughts ?

Red Von
GreatWizardoftheEast
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
124 Posts

Profile of GreatWizardoftheEast
Hate to admit this, but I have only looked at the pictures. It's full of photographs and quite interesting. I did read a little of it and enjoyed it. I had never heard of Bill Shirk prior to the book but I do respect what he has done after buying his book.
Harold White
dylan1961
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of dylan1961
I bought a copy from Bill at last year's Indianapolis
Escape Artist convention. I've read it. My opinion is
it's a very entertaining read. Well written, good stories, and yes - Great pictures. I particularely enjoyed the bridge jump part, where Bill lists all the things he didn't think of prior to the jump.
John
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
There have been several reviews on this book posted already but just to echo my good friend John, I really like this book and it's a very enetertaining read, even if you're not involved with escapes or magic. It's written in a very down to earth style and you get the impression that Bill is sitting you down in his living room and talking to you. (I've actually been fortunate enough to have been there so I know first hand) Bill is also a great guy and a true legend in the world of Escapology. He still currently holds several Guinness World Records and is regarded by legends like Bigelow and Manzini as a true master of our craft. This book is a bargain at twice the price and I highly recommend getting the companion video to go along with it. Hope this helps.
Best regards, Tony Parisi
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Companion Video I have only heard of the Book plus all I have heard is Great Reviews on it. Don,
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
I enjoyed it. It was written in a very frank, easygoing and honest style that I found quite refreshing.

There are many good photos. My favorite section was on Bill's performing a jailbreak. He spoke straight from the shoulder, with none of the heavy, "I'm the greatest; worship me" BS sometimes associated with 'the name pros.'

It's a good read and I recommend it.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Don, the video is one hour of Bill's greatest escapes and stunts and currently sells for $18.50. You can order it form Bills web site at http://www.billshirk.com.
Best regards, Tony Parisi
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
$18.50 now that is a Reasonable Price. does it come on DVD to.
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
No it does not Don.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Drat if it Did how much would it be ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Bill Shirk/Modern Day Houdini book ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL