The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » NASCAR magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Classy Classic Conjure
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Classy Classic Conjure
Those of you who know me may only know me as an extremely creative magician. But, I have another side. I am totally into NASCAR. Got into it through my dad who's no longer in the picture (loooong story).

Anyway, I'm thinking about doing a NASCAR act that I can take to the races. Do sort of a street style act before the races, maybe use some sponsor's products in my killer show.

I think this can work. I've never seen anybody doing magic at the track. Can this work? Are big bucks mine to found at NASCAR?

I'm thinking of going total, all out into this venue.

Keep it kickin

Joey
NASCAR plus "IN YOUR FACE" Magic = Nirvana!
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7424 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I believe that a person can do any market they want to, as long as they do research, and are prepared to do hard work and think creatively to get the shows, and are prepared to do the shows.

I would encourage you to go for it!

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
I believe you could travel the circuit and pitch your work at the tailgate parties and perhaps make a decent return.....This is a lot of work, but I don't think you could convince every track owner on the circuit to pay you the "Big Bucks" as you mention.

Try working a nearby track at the tailgates prior to racetime and see what the potential is before you jump in with all four wheels sort of speak.

Training wheels first my friend!
~r2
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
You will never know until you actually go out there and try it yourself. Go and do it and make it happen for you.

I agree though with Rey rey that the hardest part would be convincing the track ownders of your worth. The better idea might be to start off small with the tailgators or even work magic at one of the sponsors booths. If you can connect with the sponsors, they can see your worth to them by drawing crowds to their area. In return you can make some great money as well as get their letters of reccomendation to use in your materials to climb up the ladder in this market.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1830 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
We have some experience with this as we live here in Indianapolis. We have performed at the track for both Indy 500 and Brickyard 500. They have been smaller gigs than our big show, but paid decent none the less. Thea easiest way in is thru fan days, Carbeuration days, etc.

My opinion is similar to Kyle's. The real money will come from sponsors more so than from the track itself. There are tons of sponsors as well as other organizations at every race. There is even a traveling Chaplain at each race. None of this is news to you I'm sure. Just wanted to spark some thoughts in different areas.

Also getting an agent to pitch you instead of you pitching yourself may get you the checkered flag...Smile

Hope that helps.

Kevin & Kristen
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Tony S
View Profile
Special user
New York
581 Posts

Profile of Tony S
Joey,
I go to the Sept. race in Dover every year. My guess is you could probably make a pretty good living by doing a street style performance and passing the hat around. The average race has well over 100,000 people, many of whom are at the track for several days. You could show up on Friday or Saturday and do the same show over and over for a couple of days and odds are the same person won't see you twice.

Working the sponsor's hospitality tents is probably another great way to get in, although it would require a lot of work to hook up with the sponsors.

I say go for it. You'll never know until you try.

Good luck.

Tony
We are all about as successful as we choose to be.

www.anthonysisti.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » NASCAR magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL