The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Santini/Lee - The Truth Revealed » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Are you guys smoking those funny weeds I saw in the fields of Wisconsin when I was there earlier this month?
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Tony Funny Weeds us Smoking not me. I don't smoke or Drink. you were Here and didn't say Hi. Gee with Friends like you who needs Enemies.
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Hey Don, who can track you down? I don't even have a picture to go by. It's like you're in the witness protection program or something. But I'll be there next year for Houdini Days. Maybe we can get togeteher then if not at Indy or whereever it's going to be next time. Best regards, Tony Parisi
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Tony I might be in Middleton if Houdini Days is the Same as the Convention. I already Got Busted at The Convention by someone who knew me but never met me. Don,
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I was hoping I'd have a decent update for you guys since it's been almost 2 weeks since my original questions. Sadly this is not so.

Roslyn
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Roslyn What was the original Question ?
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Don, Don, Don. Where have you been the last couple of weeks? I'm refering to my questions I set Michael Lee.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Now I got you. now Who is Michael Lee has anyone ever seen him or met him at all or seen any newspaper articles on him.
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
I have to admit something, I really don't like Steve Santini as a human...but I will admit, I've read his stuff and someone just can't fake the knowledge he has. I've seen his website and I will again admit, he is a seasoned Escape Artist and is good at what he does. But, again, I will say, as a human, I don't trust him as far as I can throw him. I've been in the escape business for over 25 years and I've never heard of this Micheal Lee fellow. If I had to bet money, it would be on Santini...nuff said.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I have not seen or Heard of Mr Lee. but supposedly there are pictures of him in some magic magazines if I remember correctly. and as for Mr Santini I have received more Help and Advice from Mr Santini. then I have Mr Lee.
MrEscape
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of MrEscape
Santini/Lee - The Truth Revealed?

What has been revealed, and what is the truth? I believe the jury is still out on Mr Lee. He is becoming more myth than fact! Steve Santini on the other hand is there for all to see. He is a seasoned escape artist and very good at what he does, as was mentioned. We all have our faults now don't we? Is a man in chains, but a mind caught in a trap? Or, a victim searching for the ultimate truth?

Sir Harry J. Baron III
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Who knows and the best thing is just to leave it alone.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
All I have ever asked of the loud mouths in our art is the following: "Judge me on what I have done to you. Not on innuendo and bs made up by those who are jealous."

So I must judge Mr. Santini with respect, honor, and admiration. Its a hard business, and he sells his products to us, sells his shows to them, and will even give anyone help.

And I hate magicians these days!
Bigelow
View Profile
New user
closer to the end than I would like to be
25 Posts

Profile of Bigelow
Hi Dr Zodiac
Can you tell me where the innuendo and BS is? The word jealous is usually only used by those who in themselves get jealous at others. Most realize that there are some better and some worse. Maybe some just don't like being told crap. In the recent week, there has been a message from Mr Ness to say that one Santini escape with blue box never saw the light of day but several others praised it weeks before as the best thing ever ( though they never owned one) is there BS here?
A new member to our area said "If anyone see's Steve Santini, please tell him he still owes me a pair of Darby leg irons from a deal we made years ago..." who is BSing here?
Just because a website has something written ( for or by the owner doesn't make it real )
Anthony Martin had a website that stated that he was the only legitamte escape artist. In his own TV special he used non legitimate escapes. Who is BSing who in this art?

David
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

Profile of Stuart Burrell
Hi

"Who is BSing Who in this art?"

Well if we are really going to make honesty our New Years resolution then I guess we are all guilty.

I am in agreement with Sir Harry J. Baron III on the fact that we all have faults.

Maybe the real issue is what is typed in on the forum can be taken out of context. Maybe we should have it passed by Lawyers first?

How about this as an example of what I have just typed in

Hi

(A greeting used in conversation and not a comment on the altitude above sea level I am currently writing at or a comment on any one persons lifestyle)

"Who is BSing Who in this art?"

(A direct quote from Bigelow (who is not Norman Bigelow so do not get confused as to authorship))

Well if we...

(as in the group not we as in just myself or Bigelow)

...are really...

(as in actually doing something about it)

...going to make honesty...

(a concept lost in modern political and real life)

...our New Years...

(Calendar not Financial)

...resolution then I guess we are all guilty.

(not being blameless)

I am in agreement with Sir Harry J. Baron III...

(MrEscape (not Steve Baker so please do not get confused on the authorship)

...on the fact that we...

(taken by this author to be the group and not either Bigelow, MrEscape, Mr Santini or any single individual)

...all have faults.

(as in errors that are common to human beings)

Well that makes everything clear. A steal at $150.00 an hour.

Happy Holidays.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Bigelow A.K.a. David may I ask where you are from and how long you have been in Escapes Etc.
MrEscape
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of MrEscape
From what I have read here on the Magic Café, which in my opinion is the best forum of it's kind around. I must say, that one to many "Escape Artists" and those that try to come across as the "Experts" seem to spend more time bickering and complaining about something or about someone, than discussing what this forum is all about! "The Art of Escape" How about ringing in the New Year with what this great art is all about? In my opinion "The History" "Skill" "Talent" "The Performers" and "Entertainment Value" of course you could add several more items to this list, but it's the basic's in my opinion. This may shock some of you, and to those with the inflated EGO'S! There are no experts, no one is perfect, we all have our opinions, and the bottom line here is this, no one is better than anyone else here! If anyone has heartburn with what I just said, then you live in a fantasy world and should probably move on. No one here or anywhere else, cornered the market on escapes! Share thoughts, be creative, give advice and remember this, the audience will decide your destiny in this art! You never stop learning, so try and stop judging others! And be respectful of everyones opinion, whether you agree or disagree! Perhaps you will all start getting along better!

Sir Harry J. Baron III
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
And, having cleared that hurdle, register for the W.E.A.R. if you haven't already done so.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
Well, Mr. Bigelow, I'm the guy who said Santini owes me a pair of Leg irons. He was at my home on Georgian Drive in Barrie, Ontario back in 1989 or 1990. We were making some deals for some Houdini material I had, he wanted a certain piece and didn't have enough to pay for it, so I said "send me a pair of darby leg irons" which I never saw. That was the same day I gave Santini a mint condition photograph of Dunninger, a B&W 8x10, with the writing "Dunninger" "Studio Productions" printed at the bottom. I gave him that photo as a gesture of friendship.

So...if you want to call my memory BS...go ahead...By the way...I PM'd Santini and told him to put the leg irons he owes me around his neck and stuff them up his...well, you get the picture. I'm a very successful Mentalist in my area and in my venue, I have not, nor will I ever be jealous of anyone in my field. They will always have their 15 minutes of fame, as will I. They will always have their shows as will I...I just don't like to be double crossed when I put my trust in someone.

~Rick~
Bigelow
View Profile
New user
closer to the end than I would like to be
25 Posts

Profile of Bigelow
Hi Rick, my name is David and yes you can call me that. My questions were actually directed to Dr Zodiac who keeps suggesting that there is jealousy and BS around, about other performers. I wanted to know if what you had posted (only referring to your message as one example) was considered to be BS by either Mr Santini or Mr Zodiac.

As you have a picture up then we might guess that you are not Mr Lee, but then no-one has seen a picture of Mr Lee either.

David
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Santini/Lee - The Truth Revealed » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL