The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Santini/Lee - The Truth Revealed » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
GreatWizardoftheEast
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
124 Posts

Profile of GreatWizardoftheEast
Sir Harry J. Baron 3,
Intersting posts.
"This may shock some of you, and to those with the inflated EGO'S! There are no experts, no one is perfect, we all have our opinions, and the bottom line here is this, no one is better than anyone else here!"
Actually, at one time some experts in escape were posting on this board. If the bottom line is that no one is better than anyone else here, as you state, and I am only a fan of escape, then that makes everyone here merely a fan of escape and more than likely not very good, by your logic.
"No one here or anywhere else, cornered the market on escapes!" I can think of two guys who cornered the market on escapes. One grew up in Appleton Wisconsin. The other is the person who's name you took.
"And be respectful of everyones opinion, whether you agree or disagree!"
The tone of your post, at least to me, seems anything but respectful and for someone with only a few posts seems awfully preachy.
Harold White
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Nope, your right. I never mentioned any bs towards anyone. I have a private little war with a mentalism society, hence my use of the word bs. Theres a lot of it going around.

I simply stated that I judge people on how they have treated me. Why start a war on a public forum? Especially one that is devoted to expanding our minds towards our art.

The Café is supposed to be a place of neutral and unbiosed discussion of mechanics and aspects of magic. NOT NAME CALLING! I do not know what to say about riks claims. I wasnt there, nor will I or do I need to defend steve. Ricks an interesting man with lots of Dunninger knowledge, I love hearing your stories. that's what the Café should be for, the exchange of knowledge not name calling. Hence my not judging Rick, he has never done anything to me but help enlighten me. The same can be said for Mr. Santini.

Have your little war of words. Ask anyone in our business, all escapists are nuts! May you all feel self serving and grandiose while faustering innuendo (and bs).
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Uh like I said Supposedly there were/are pictures of Michael Lee in some Magazine this is going by hear say. I'll try to look into it as soon as I can and see if I can track down the magazines to verify it.
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
Hello David...nice to meet you. Please excuse me, from the way that thread was written, it looked like it was implyed that I was taking a shot at Santini with the leg iron thing. Ok, all is understood. The last thing I want from anyone is bad blood here.

We are all brothers and sisters in this business and we have look at it that way...we are all hand in hand here. One may out do the other, but as they say..."there will always be greater and lesser people".

I think as each performer gets older and more confident in their ability, they come to realize that the name of the game is not "who's better than who" or "who is doing what", but..."am I better than I was then"? We spend far too much time worrying about what the next guy is doing or saying.

I know, that right now, there is some 14 year old kid out there, practicing his or her billet slights who is going to be a better billet reader than me, but I refuse to lose sleep over it, it's called natural progression. When the day comes when I see or meet him or her, I'm going to do all I can to help that person...and at the same time,do the best I can and try to leave my mark as a performer to the people and a teacher to the up and coming.

~Rick~
MarkTripp
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
618 Posts

Profile of MarkTripp
Well, I can show you ideas I put in my Genii column years ago that people are doing now with great aclaim and no credit.

Such is this business.

My goal is to assist others. As I said just last night, I have more material and acts than 5 people could use in a life time, why not share?

Mark Tripp
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Mark Thank You For Sharing the Ideas. with Us here. I am amazed myself how that a lot of other people have to STEAL patter/ideas from someone else.
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
I would just like to take this oppertunity to openly thank Mark and Ken for all of their contributions to this art and this board. Knowing both of you gentlemen has certainly made me a better EA, a better performer and a better person in general. I applaud both of you and look forward to many more useful contibutions to the Café' and to the art of Escapes. Thanks for sticking around guys Smile
Best regards, Tony Parisi
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
It is nice to know that not evreyone is leaving us stranded.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
I was trying to be objective. For the new year. I am trying to get rid of negativity. Does it ever help? I think I have found peace, so I wanted to help try and calm this board down a bit. It's not working is it? In the end, who cares, it makes each of us look bad, and why waste the time?

Santini performs. And it looks like he's fooled a lot of us. We are magi, that is what we do. So why get mad at him for fooling us? Those gimmicked cuffs he sells we all have bought. The knowledge he sells in those manuscript we use. Never do we ever say hey, fooling is bad. The gimmicks are a part of the art. Once again, make magic not war!

Viva la escapology!

Scott C. (My real name)
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Like I said some of the people are bull headed and those that are will always remain that way and the ones that help out with advice etc. will/should remain like that to. Smile
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
Nice to meet you Scott...there is a really big difference between slight of hand, slight of mind and a gaffed cuff compared to dishonesty.

Scott, have you ever put your trust into someone and later found out that they had absolutely no intention of making good on their promise and that they did it with every intention of cheating you from the start ? If not, the feeling is like knowing that a stranger was in your home going through all of your personal possessions, you feel violated.

~Rick~
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Rick and Scott/Dr. Z Thank you.
SANTINI
View Profile
Loyal user
SANTINI
293 Posts

Profile of SANTINI
Now this has gone simply TOO FAR.

Yes sir, those same people do no longer post, but it is VERY clear they do not waste a minute when the chance to PM someone and spin crap about me presents itself.

As for the cells, ALL OF THEM are or were real and functional jail cells.

No "theme parks" or fantasy land attractions,... EVER.

And as for cells in museums, ...sure. POLICE MUSEUMS. You know, the cells police use?

Duh!

If any of you doubt it, including the so called "top" escape artists Rick mentions, then I challenge ANY of them, or you Rick, to get locked in them the same way I did and get out.

The result if you did? Probably most would fail and still be there.

The escapes I have done since I began at 14 I really did. I have the scars and the media to prove it. I need not prove anything to anyone.
As for me fooling anyone here, this is not something I have planned. If anyone is doing the fooling, it seems to be the threatened and insecure folks who talk about my escapes like they are bonafide experts on same when in fact many of these same people I have never even met nor did I see in attendance at ANY of these escapes.

If those of you who delight in practicing character assassination on me with such alarming frequency would put even one 5th of the same effort and zeal into your own escapes and careers, then the results would be amazing.

Perhaps then you might just be content enough that you would have no need or burning desire to try and deride or tear down the lifelong accomplishments of others, like myself for instance.

Steve Santini
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
And who said Canadians are always polite??? Excuse me while I go chase those darn moose off my front lawn agin'

Cheers from North of the Border!

Rob
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I think it is kind of low that someone has to mention something about someone else. but like I said before Mr. Santini has Always Been Nice and Friendly to me. and by the way as for Canadains. my step-grampa came from edmonton Alberta.
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
It's a shame that it takes an open attack on a public forum to lure Steve Santini back to posting. Steve has always been very helpful to me as well as many others I know and it's this kind of thing that made him fed up with this board to begin with. I was hoping we would rise above this kind of thing in the new year but I guess old habits die hard. Steve doesn't really need defending here but as someone who has seen him perform live and has actually had the honor of sharing the same stage with him, I would like to say that whatever personal problems anyone has had with him, I do regard him as a consummate professional, an excellent performer, a good friend and a mentor, who has done a lot to advance this art in my opinion. Let's try to make 2005 the year we put aside all of our petty differences and name calling, and really work to promote this art to the next level.
Best regards, Tony Parisi
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3608 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Tony,,,,the voice of sanity,,,,,,,,Ken applauds clap,clap,clap
I couldn`t agree more.
PS Come on now,all of you,give your uncle Ken a big kiss and then lets work together as Tony said,to a better future (No tongues please!!).
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
LOL ok Gives Uncle Ken a Kiss ( Hersheys Kiss that is ) and hopes he enjoys it.
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
No worries about any tongues here, too cold and it would get shtuck, ooh dhrats, dhone hit agin'
WEASEL DANDAW
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of WEASEL DANDAW
Mr Silmser,

I for one have video evidence of Steve Santini's jail escapes and can verify there authenticity. I for one would love to be able to do a jail escape from a museum or somewhere like the London Dungeon (if this would be regarded as a theme park), as in the U.K. there are very few places to do an escape like this. What police force or prison nowadays wants to let someone publicly prove they can escape from a cell in use for holding prisoners. If they did, the methods would be captured for all to see on C.C.T.V. Do we really want this?

As I said earlier I can authenticate Mr Santini's Jail escapes as I have the evidence. To me he has helped our art in a vast way.

Weasel Dandaw......Dan to my friends.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Santini/Lee - The Truth Revealed » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL