The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Falling off of the stage (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Well, it was bound to happen and it did last night to me....luckily I only spilled one drink and landed on the ground instead of on the table or someone....

I got up and regained my composure, went to the mike and waited for the closing song to finish and then uttered, "The funny thing is, that I am sure most of you wont know if that was planned or not?" and the curtain closed!

I think one of the things that allowed me to pull it off as intentional was because it was right at the end of my act.

A few of the folks said that I had a nice contrast as I shattered the illusion with my fall from stage. Both a serious presentation and then the courage to finish off with a laugh at my expense.

My pride took a big hit, but I recovered as best as I could on the fly as I thought fast on my feet errr, my butt.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Signed, sore ankle in El Paso
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I will record you a special 'Closer' to reflect the new Stunt aspect of your show.

"Thank you Ladies and Gentlemen and we hope you enjoyed tonights performance. Be assured that Rey Rey is not injured and is after all a professional. Autographed Photos of the final stunt fall will be available in the lobby as you exit."

So...uh...what's sore?
If it isn't now it will be. I once was announcing a Midget Car race and went backwards off a the top of an at least 10 foot ladder (broken rung)...microphone in hand...the "OOOOOOF" was probably heard in the next town. It happens R2...but your pride was probably hurt more than mine, I had a stone fox run over and make me feel better. Smile
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Well I never fell but if I did. I would say boy I can do this ( which ever Illusion you did before that one) but I can't even walk right. I guess not everyone is perfect or something. Just have a back up plan.

Or something like "Well that was a nice trip". Or "fall is coming soon". Who knows be creative LOL

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Michael...if you fell off the stage, Steven could run out ON stage and the aud would think it was all just an Illusion and never really happened. Smile

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Clayman
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
243 Posts

Profile of Clayman
I remember on one of David Copperfields specials he tripped and almost did a 'header' off the stage. He looked at the audience and said that he can make the 'Statue of Liberty' disappear, but he can't walk off a stage".
"A flash of silvery light ..and it was gone."
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Thanks folks! I suspect that this has happened to many more folks here than they are willing to admit?

I have the courage to pronounce both my failures and successes. I truly thank you for making me feel somewhat better with a laugh or two.

Doug, your story surely made me feel a whole lot better. I had milk pouring out of my nose!

Please continue to share your "Falling Stars Stories" here on this thread....sort of like a "Vertically Challenged Anonymous Group"

Let us turn our negative experiences into positive lessons learned tales.

Signed, purple ham hock looking ankle "Purple Rey"
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3371 Posts

Profile of Looch
I don't know if you believe in fate rey rey but I like to think everything happens for a reason and their interlink with other and often new unknown aspects of your life, maybe someone is telling you to incorporate a little more humour into your act? or to remind you that you are only human perhaps? or maybe to make me come into this "now that's funny" forum which I rarely ever do and post this, so you can read it and think "that guy knows what hes on about I feel like sending him $1000"

your choice my bro
peez
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
How about next time I take a trip like that I'll send everyone a post card?
broothal
View Profile
Elite user
Europe
448 Posts

Profile of broothal
Clayman: He had the same "accident" when I saw him. I reckon the first time it really was an accident, and got a big laugh. Then he decided to put it in the show?
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
ReyRey The Best Thing is that you're OK and safe and the next time someone says break a leg don't take them serously J/K.

Don
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2004-10-04 00:06, Clayman wrote:
I remember on one of David Copperfields specials he tripped and almost did a 'header' off the stage. He look at the audience and said " he can make the 'Statue of Liberty' disapear but he can't walk off a stage"

Now that's a pro!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
paulajayne
View Profile
Inner circle
London England
1160 Posts

Profile of paulajayne
Not falling of the stage but-

I was doing a show for a charity function, nice theatre carpeted throughout, stage edge to floor about 6ft.

As it was a charity gig and I was doing it at my charity rate I thought I would make these people remember me so my outfit was very OTT.

Black PVC dress very short and thigh length PVC boots with 6-inch heels - steady on guys. :^)

Got to the part of the show where I had borrowed a £20 note and put into an envelope - some lighter fluid was added and it was lit ready for me to ditch it into my dove pan which had some flash wool and flash paper in it to enhance the effect.

Well the envelope was burning away and I ditched it into the dove pan, for some reason I had put too much flash in it and the burning envelope ignited the flash products and it took off like a rocket over the edge of the stage burning extremely well.

Being a pro did I panic - your darn right I did - it was heading for the nice carpet in front of the stage.

I took off after it, dove pan in hand and jumped off the stage passing the burning envelope on the way and landed upright on the carpet and managed to keep my footing and deftly caught the envelope in the dove pan.

To this day people only remember that I did my dove pan catch at this show and are amazed at how it did it.

How I never broke an ankle I will never know.

Paula
Paula Jay - Magic to Remember -
---------------------------------
I once wrote a book on elephants, I think paper would have been better.
----
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Paula, by pure show-womanship that's how. Don
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Still thinking Looch!
Paula now that is sexy.
Don you have some of the funniest comebacks here.
I never knew that falling would bring me such joy after learning its lessons.

Since the incident I have been approached by the producer of a local show entitled Area 915. 915 is the zipcode here. He wants to do a test run of street magic in and around this area. He was in the audience and he admired that I had the tenacity and the presence to come back on stage.

I will let you know how it goes. We start a few test shots in 3 weeks.

Keep these wonderful stories coming folks! It is such fun!~r2
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
My partner, Wally fell off a stage once. Funniest thing I think I have ever seen. Sick side of me, I know.

First let me explain his character. He is a goofy Vegas-lounge lizard wannbe, pompous but lovable. I'm the Dean Martin, straight man.

It was the finale of our show. Wally was stage right, I was stage left. He was facing me and about to do a running jump mount onto a six foot unicycle. We where performing on a beautiful cruise ship stage that was elevated about four feet from the audience floor. He backs up to take a running start and at that exact moment I looked straight out into the house, when I looked back he was gone. I thought where in the world did he go? How could he have gone there so fast? Looking at the faces of the audience I see they are looking in shock at the floor when he comes bouncing back onto the stage as if it never happened, claiming "I hate that part of the show." The audience went wild with laughter and I lost contol and broke character cracking up. It took everything I had to regain my composure and finish the show.

He is a funny, funny man.
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Go Double Rey!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
malini
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of malini
"Don't worry.. It's just a stage I'm going through!"

-malini.
bubbleburst2004
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of bubbleburst2004
"I'll now take questions from the floor!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Falling off of the stage (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL