The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Greatest Escapes of all time (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GreatWizardoftheEast
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
124 Posts

Profile of GreatWizardoftheEast
I was wondering if you could name what you think was the Greatest Escape of all time. Maybe also what you think is the most entertaining escape of all time from your own opinions of course. I have not seen every single escape ever presented but I can name some from those I have seen.

One of the most entertaining was David Copperfield's USD Straightjacket. I've heard that the idea was actually someone else's but he sure did a great job of it.

Mr.Escape Baker did this escape chained to a car. That was hair raising.

Kevin Spencer does a fine version of the Milk Can escape.

I also enjoyed Harry Blackstone's version of the Kellar Rope Tie, even though it's not exactly an escape.
Harold White
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Theres a Lot I liked the one Guy Did on the Little House on the Prairie even though its TV. it did seem original and something diffremt for that period of time. Don,
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Your almost to 1,000, keep it up Smile
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I am dating myself on this, but I still feel the greatest escape of all time was the pardoning of President Nixon of the Watergate break in.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Hey I remember When Lincoln got assasinated Don,
Red Von
View Profile
Loyal user
Branson, MO
251 Posts

Profile of Red Von
I have seen many escapes performed by some of the top names in the business. Each Escape Artist has there on unique way of presenting the escapes they perform.

In my opinion, and observation over the past 25 years, Steve Bakers (Death Race) (Coffin of Death) and his very unique way of escaping from his (Water Torture Cell) are among the best and most spectacular escapes I have ever seen. His version of the (Water Torture Cell) the way he did it, has still yet to be duplicated.

I could list many other spectacular escapes Steve Baker has performed, but the ones I have mentioned are among my favorites. He is the best I have seen so far, and his record over the past 30 years speakes for itself.

Red Von
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Good-better-best is always a subjective thing.

IMHO the greatest escape on record was Houdini's escape from the Washington DC condemned cell used to hold President Garfield's assassin, Guiteau, until he was hanged.

Second on my list would be Murray's escape from a dank dungeon-type cell in India. The local potentate threw a bag of gold coins into the dingy cell with the offer that Murray could go in after it with the understanding that the cell door would be locked behind him. If Murray escaped, he could take the gold out with him. If he could not get out, he would be left to rot with the treasure. Murray went in, and needless to say he escaped with a very high performance fee in hand.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
GreatWizardoftheEast
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
124 Posts

Profile of GreatWizardoftheEast
If you're gonna get historical, what about Houdini's escape from inside a Sea Monster? He had to have guts to do that one, ha ha.
Harold White
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
Me too. I think when Houdini escaped from inside the leatherback turtle, that was game and match.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
God and I Thought my Puns were Bad I Guess no one Sea that one Coming Although since he was in the Sea Monster maybe it should of been with a Loch then Houdini would of realy been in a Ness.
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
He's NEVER been inside me, I find that remark condescending an gross.

Shawn "Loch, Elliot" Ness
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Shawn lets keep it that Way and may the Happy-Ness stay inside and be with you Always. Don,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Greatest Escapes of all time (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL