The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » 3 Blind Mice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

C Christian
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of C Christian
Howdy folks,

It's been sometime since I have posted. Anywhoo, I've searched on this grand message board and found very little information on Handling Little mice. So I am asking anyone who has handled mice to give any imput on producing just one little mouse any do's or don'ts?
This is for stand-up/stage. Feel free to email me if you want to know how this routine is shaping up to better answer my question.
Cheers Chris
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Hello Chris,

I sounds like fun! I have used hampsters. The most fun was the MAK Candy Factory with a hampster instead of candy. We had one hampster that would stay in the cup (glass) but would hang his front paws over the top. (I'm not sure a mouse would stay put. But is it worth a try.)

They do not work well with props that they can chew. And being in the dark just gives them reason to go exploring. So not all props are good.

Good Luck!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
I used to take my pet mouse to school, he had a little house in my locker and I'd carry him in my coat pocket...

Well anyway I used to pull him out of girls ears and when his claws would snag their hair and they would see my cute little mouse the screams would ensue!!! (never had many girlfriends...?)

When you palm a mouse it wraps it's tail around your wrist so it doesn't hang in sight.

Johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
C Christian
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of C Christian
Hey Johnny,
Would it stay put in your pocket??
Thank you Bob for your info on the chewing....Keep them coming folks. Thank you
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Wow! That was my first lesson in mouse palming! A detail that just wasn't a problem with a hampster.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I was working on a Cups & Balls routine using mice as my final load under each cup. I actually made an inner lining in my pocket to seperate each mouse. They are very curious. I experimented with velcro and snaps to hold each "mouse-pocket" shut. It was too much of a hassle to keep them from trying to climb from my pocket during the routine. A friend recommended putting a treat in each holder...Needless to say, this would only become a mess to clean especially if they decided to urinate... It was too much to pull off the effect I was going for... I now use fake mice (like a cats toy) in the final load...it is still a great ending for my "Three blind mice-Cups & Balls routine" Good Luck and let me know if you find a better method to conceal your mouse! Magical Wishes and Pet Food Dishes! Bryan Gilles
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
On the occasion I would take my mouse to school I would keep him in my inside coat pocket which was very deep...and yes, I put a cracker or something in the same pocket for him.
Johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
C Christian
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of C Christian
Thanks folks for all your posts. I think I am going to have to go into the thinking tank and come up with something. Hampters are not a bad idea something I'll have to think about. We'll see what happens and keep everyone posted. Cheers Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » 3 Blind Mice (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL