The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Pocket aerial fishing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
Anyone have used this before? I believe it's from Scott Penrose? I wanted to a pocket aerial fishing for a parlour show, could someone please tell me more or lead me to some information for this? Pointers?
Thanks in advance.
FM
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I just sold one. Don't get me wrong, it's a great effect but I decided on another method of production.

Mac King uses this in his comedy magic show.
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
Hi Candini,
Can you tell me how practical it is?
Is setting up difficult? I am thinking more like a parlour or birthday act. Thanks for your input.
FM
Visit my website
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
It is practical to use...you need a bit of area though cause you are casting a line to catch a fish.

I am hauling too many things to my shows. I would have used it again but it would have stayed shelved until then. Set-up takes about a minute.
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
Thanks Candini will order one soon.
FM
Visit my website
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Kewl...I got great reactions..I also have Fish Appear and another one (forget the name) that I use for all my shows now.

I would get Aerial while Hocus is holding their sale...25 percent off until midnight tonight.
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
Thanks Candini,
I do have other fish production stuff. I am putting together some props and theming it into a routine.
Thanks for your precious input.
FM
Visit my website
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Anytime...I was just at Walmart. I always hit the fish section there (saves me time from having to go to the pet store). Feeder goldfish were 18 cents and they had some tiny ones. Was in a hurry and didn't see the sales staff. I usually give the goldfish to the birthday child with a care sheet. They provide the bowl. I'm down to two. I pick the biggest one and use him so I can keep them small. Saturday another show, another fish:) This is my opener and I can't see changing this strong effect. It lets them see real magic right at the start which I feel establishes you as a magician before heading into the comedy, helper assistance etc.
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
I might try it for this Saturday nite show. I am thinking of a betta or a goldfish. How do you transport goldfish to your show? I know that betta are very strong and would not need a battery operated air pump. Aquariums have them in a pickle jar.
FM
Visit my website
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Maps,

I just did a show this Saturday and have been using goldfish for a while now. You don't need a pump for 3 hours or so. I went to Walmart and bought a small clear plastic see through bowl that has a top on it.
I leave it to air out till just before leaving for the show with aged water. I put the goldfish in just before leaving the house.

Bettas might be okay but not necessary. I think the goldfish just has the nice color and the kids can see better then the thin betas.

I also give the fish to the birthday child along with a care sheet.
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
Thanks Candini for the great advice. I did not use the goldfish appearance because I did not have the time to get the stuff ready. Anyway,I did the show with marionettes and magic and it went pretty well even though I was a little sick.
FM
Visit my website
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
446 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Can someone tell me how long this trick takes to perform well? I have a show coming up in a week and I'm thinking about ordering Aerial Fishing to fill in a hole in my act. I think it would suit the audience great, but I don't want to get it and find that I cant make it look good in the small amount of time I have. I usually practice my effects until I know them forwards and backwards before putting them in the lineup, but presently I'm stuck for ideas. Some advice would be greatly appricitated.
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Maps,

marionettes? I have one (Donston the dragon) and still haven't used it yet.

Dove,

It doesn't take long to learn. You could be ready.

JMO

Candini
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
Yes Candini, I design and make all my puppets and marionettes. You can check them out at
<www.mascotsandpuppets.com>
I make a lot of my own props and some illusions as well.
FM
Visit my website
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I have mine ready for a 2-3 yr old party. I also have a human hand puppet I haven't used yet but looking forward too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Pocket aerial fishing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.32 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL