The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Turning a wheelie bin into a 'milk can' escape. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Never been to Bondi beach and therefore never seen your girlfriend, shame though as Bondi beach is an open beach where you can see lots of 'white pointers' and I don't mean sharks.

Back to the bin, once it's filled with water about 200 litres it isn't going to fall over.

Ian
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Y'know, I drank a lot of export cans of Foster's one night.
It didn't make me feel Aussie; it made me feel more like "Diver Dan"...everything looked like it was underwater.
But then Ian, you did advise me once on drinking Foster's in moderation. I've taken that advise to heart.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Steve, Diver Dan, do you get to see the TV show "sea change" over there? My advice on beer, don't drink, seems that too much beer makes the population, fool folder for the politicians
It's done well by me and my brain is working as it should.

Ian
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
You can reinforce the Sides in case they do push out. plus put a frame up around it so it don't/won't tip over. Don,
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
939 Posts

Profile of Riley
The Wheelie bin sides are quite thick and strong.

I'm going to do some research on this, combining all the ideas mentioned so far

(in other words, I'm going to fill the thing with Fosters Smile )

Great idea David

Regards

Riley
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
I haven't tried filling up a bin with water yet, but I suspect it will hold up fine, as Riley says they are strong.

Steve, I like the idea of another 'plastic' escape first. But I really don't think that the audience are going to see the bin as being weak. It is an item that is commonly used in everyday life, and I doubt anyone has ever seen one come to bits or break. They are known for there toughness and hardwearing...er.. ness!

Cheers

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I've started looking into using a metal wheelie bin. So far I've got 3 different bins that I've worked on in the past.

Roslyn

ps
The mark 2 was helped along by an idea from Ian too. So now the bin idea has been made public, thanks again for that. Oh, would it be bad form to ask you if I could share the idea that you gave to David?
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Dear Roslyn, You were the first person I gave an idea to on the wheelie bin. When David asked for any help, I gave him an alternative idea which I called (idea 2) noting my idea to you as #1, then I also gave him an other idea which I called idea #3.

It would be between you and David if you wish to talk about those ideas. If you do come to some agreement, I would like to know who knows what for my records. Each idea is different and based on what you either told me your performance style was aiming for. If you both don't want to take up the idea or if they won't work for you, then let me know, then I could add them to the forum at a later date.

Ian
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Cheers Ian.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
And I have Ideas 1A and 2A for reinforcing it and Tip Proof Hopefully. Don,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Turning a wheelie bin into a 'milk can' escape. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL