The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Fire Wallet in Restaurant? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagiclDave
View Profile
New user
Maryland
50 Posts

Profile of MagiclDave
I was wondering if it is wrong to use a fire wallet during a restaurang gig? there may be fire hazards or something? Whats your opinion?

-Dave Smile
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2932 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Hi Dave,
Great first name. I would check with the management first, show them what you will be doing. I have used it in a restaurant, but it was for only a few seconds while I pulled a bill out of the wallet. It drew stares from alot of people. I don't have a problem with it, but obviously you have to be very careful of who will be around you, a waitress
walking by, that sort of thing. Always, as I said, you should run it by the powers to be.
David Paul Smile spectator on fire
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
HI,
Does your public liability insurance cover you to use fire?

As there are more and more no smoking venues I would be wary of smoke alarms.
Phillip
Stuart Hooper
View Profile
Special user
Mithrandir
759 Posts

Profile of Stuart Hooper
I use my fire wallet basically everywhere, and it draws good reactions. Most managers/authorities don{t care, as long as its clear that you aren{t going to burn the place down. It DOES draw a lot of attention however, and at some parties and gigs, it has caused problems as thirty people rush over and say wtf was that. One question, what do you guys like to use it for. Opening my wallet with a stupid grin on my face isn{t exactly the best routine. Sometimes it adds to card in the wallet, what else do you use em for? Smile
TOBIAS
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle Magic
221 Posts

Profile of TOBIAS
A quick story;
There was a magicain in every RedRobin in the USA and one day this magicain got a lady, with too much hair spray. Poof just like the ladys hair up in flames. Every magicain at the RedRobins lost thier jobs. Becuase of a little piece of paper.
The question you should ask yourself is, If I take the fire out of my show will there still be a show? Can it still be magical with out that part? Of course it can, WELL I HOPE IT CAN!!!
If you need to think about it than don't do it. If you need to ask don't do it. I went the same road and asked my friends about the same question.
Just don't do it...
Do it at the places it belongs.
Smile
Be true to your art, and it will be true to you
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5734 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
If my insurance policy doesn't cover it, I don't do it. My policy won't cover it!
Luke Kerr
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Luke Kerr
Ask to the owner,check the insurance,stay away from kids.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Fire Wallet in Restaurant? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL