The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Birthday child (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
Anyone had any incident where you produce a rabbit magically and the birthday child thought that it's his/her present and would throw a tantrum insisting that the rabbit belongs to them or would pester the parent for a rabbit? How would you handle that?
FM
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Wow, not yet Maps. That would be embarassing. I would try to give them something out of my square circle (most are thrift store low ends).

He gets a dollar magic kit and a goldfish (if parent allows this, care sheet given also). Isn't that enough?:)

Candini
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
Some kids are pretty spoilt!
FM
Visit my website
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2107 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
In a lot of my effects I refer to the little girl in the hospital "she asked me if I could get all the boys and girls to help colour in the painting or she always wanted a rabbit, do you think you can use magic to make her one?"

That way they won't argue with the little ill (she'll be II2 next year!) girl in the hospital

Matt
Scruffy the Clown
View Profile
Loyal user
Coldwater,MI
233 Posts

Profile of Scruffy the Clown
First produce it and then make it dissapear.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Scruffy the Clown,

My thoughts exactly, I have an item on order that will do just that:)

C
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
Scruffy the Clown,
That's a great idea. However,I think all the kids will be crowding around you and your props looking for the bunny.I think I need to hire a security guard!
FM
Visit my website
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Got the Abbotts Jack Gwynne Vanish box coming soon:)

Looking at possible production using a cereal box and a dupe.
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
I include the birthday VIP in the production of livestock in my show. The VIP gets all 'decked' out, and helps in the production. Then I have my assistant come and get my livestock and take it away so the children are not distracted. After the show, a brief photo session is permitted and I bring out my animals. This leaves fond memories, all with my name and signage in the background containing my contact info.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
That works great for you but most of us weekend warriors don't have the convenience of an assistant, but I wish that I did sometimes. I haven't been doing near as many kids shows or local shows for that matter as I have been traveling performing so much.

MDS
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
When my wife isn't with me, I usually have a small cage in the bottom of one of my stand up suit case tables. (My show is done out of two)

When I'm alone, I change my patter so I ask a question while I put the animal away (out of sight). First I mention that I need to put the animal away, and I ask a question that enforces the message from my last effect when the animal was produced.

This may read as a dead spot in my act, but really its not. The audience is excited and upbeat, so its easy to momentarily ride the wave that you just created.

Besides, to put a dove or rabbit away it takes me only about 4 seconds to put the animal securely out of sight, and to grab my next item of interest.

I usually return with my animal after breaking down for a private photograph with the birthday VIP and his parent(s). As before, it completes the customer service showmanship- and leaves my contact information with in the VIP's souvenir.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
It is good to be versatile.

MDS
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Birthday child (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL