The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » 13 Steps To Mentalism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
The Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Liverpool
267 Posts

Profile of The Magician
Hi all, Can anyone tell me if 13 steps to mentalism is for a beginner just starting out in mentalism. Thanks
The Magician

Expect the Unexpected
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
I have "13 Steps" by Corinda and "Practical Mental Magic" by Annemann.
Both are good for beginners but my preference is "13 Steps".
Piper1973
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Piper1973
I just received Practical Mental Magic a few days ago and have been reading it. Are there any effects in the book that you find are particularly powerful? suitable for beginners? good impromptu?
Matt Andrews
View Profile
Loyal user
Switzerland
219 Posts

Profile of Matt Andrews
Magician : 13 steps is to mentalism what Mark Wilson's book is to magic.

You read it as a beginner and you learn a lot. You read it as an somewhat experienced mentalist and you still learn a lot. You read as a pro, and a pro still finds gems in Corinda. (I've bought a great e-book from a mentalist lately and he writes that this part of the effect comes straight from Corinda).

Cheers, Matt
Special user
Canada
589 Posts

Profile of El_Lamo
Matt,

It is a great introduction. Everyone uses it as a foundation. Some stuff may be more elaborate than your current needs and some stuff may feel dated. You will find that it is a book, you keep going back to visit and relearn, rethink things.

Cheers - El Lamo
Life is a system of circumstance presented coincidently in an illusory way.
gareth123
View Profile
Loyal user
Rotherham UK
245 Posts

Profile of gareth123
Everybody has good words to say about corrindas 13 steps.

Gareth.
*is tihs migac or am i sineg aonhter wlord in wihch i nveer lvied UNTILL NOW*
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Just make sure that you actually study Corinda lesson by lesson and don't just skim for tricks. 13 steps was designed as a COURSE in mentalism so read it as such. Learn each lesson, step by step and do not move forward until you have mastered that lesson. Trust me, as when you are finished you will find that you can take on any type of mental effect when you are done. So many have looked through it, read a few peices, passed over far too much and not gotten out of it what they could.
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
The Dragon
View Profile
New user
The Dark Shadows.
90 Posts

Profile of The Dragon
So does that mean 13 Steps to mentalism is the BEST book if you want to practise mentalism? or are there better ones?
Don't think too much.

Just hit it.
Matt Andrews
View Profile
Loyal user
Switzerland
219 Posts

Profile of Matt Andrews
13 Steps will give you the fundamentals.

Some books are better, but require the fundamentals. It would be like building the roof of the house without having built the basement or the ground floor.

The same way, Ed Marlo's books are brilliant for card sleights but assume you know all the basics taught elsewhere (Royal Road, Card College, etc.)

Matt
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
13 steps is very important. I agree with Paul that you need to study it though. I can tell you the book was important to me.

Anabelle
SpAgHeTtI
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of SpAgHeTtI
All will tell you it is a great book....
Zac Vee
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveling the world with
370 Posts

Profile of Zac Vee
Thumb up for the 13 steps, its a great book, and I think its a must have for many mentalists.

Zac
peace, love and kindness.. no terms and conditions

1001 Magic Nights Blog
www.kasrani1.wordpress.com

http://www.kasrani.com/
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
10/10 vote for 13 Steps to Mentalism- I never knew it took so many steps!!! It's a great piece to have, and a must for anyone considering mentalism. I got it just for reference, but have used it more and more.

Matt Tomasko
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magician™
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
JohnLamberti
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
420 Posts

Profile of JohnLamberti
I'm reading it now, and it is absolutely amazing. I am in awe of how much quality information is in there. If I ever have a tenth of the talent and imagination that Corinda does, I'd be overjoyed.

By the way, does anyone know if Corinda is still alive? Is he performing? I'm just wondering, since I'm 27 and had never heard of him before I joined this forum.
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Corinda is still alive but will not have contact with anyone connected to this business. Incidentally, when you are done learning and mastering everything in 13 Steps to Mentalism, then move onto Bob Cassidy's works of "Principia Mentalia" and his "Art of Mentalism" books which, once you have learned the HOW to do it, Cassidy will teach you the WHY.
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
fizbin
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of fizbin
Wow! I didn't realize that he was still alive. I wonder why he does not want any contact from those he inspired... I wonder if is the same reason Tom Mullica has.....

Anywho, Corinda's book is Awesome. I also agree that 13 Steps should be read and studied step by step.
"All For Wonder..."
Earle M. Kelley
http://www.fizbinentertainment.com
Allan Olive
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte
180 Posts

Profile of Allan Olive
You can't build a house that will last without a strong foundation, and 13 steps is a great foundation to build upon.

Allan
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
13 Steps is a must for any mentalist.
I think that it is a great tool for all magicians.
There is one card effect(I can't remember the name of it and my book is at my office) that can be worked into any card routine and is amazing.
A person picks any city and spells it and their selected card is in that location.
I have used that effect for many years and it is a real mind blower.
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
amakar
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of amakar
Excellent book
Tigerrune
View Profile
New user
Waterloo, Ontario
35 Posts

Profile of Tigerrune
I'm glad to hear it gets such good praise. I just bought the hard cover edition yesterday (I spent a LOT of money at Browser's Den in Toronto... I highly recommend hanging out there on a Saturday) and looked at the first chapter and thought I was missing some pages! Seems a bit tough to go through, but I'll take Thoughtreader's advise and go through it step by step.

Cheers and good luck,
Rick
-R-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » 13 Steps To Mentalism (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL