The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Tricks in movies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Jhonsky
View Profile
Regular user
Hawaii
112 Posts

Profile of Jhonsky
Hey guys,

What movies (to your remembrance) have magic tricks shown/ performed?

I think there was a movie where Anthony Hopkins did "Do as I do" trick. What else?
El_Lamo
View Profile
Special user
Canada
589 Posts

Profile of El_Lamo
Life is a system of circumstance presented coincidently in an illusory way.
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Vanish of a diskette in Mission Impossible.

Pen Manipulations in Starship Troopers.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Al Pacino did a Torn and Restored Newspaper in "The Recruit." And he did it very well.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2004-10-07 05:57, Jhonsky wrote:
Hey guys,
What movies (to your remembrance) have magic tricks shown/ performed.
I think there was a movie where Anthony Hopkins did "Do as I do" trick. What else?

In spite of all of David's attempts, I've seen "Terror Train."
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
...and is it REALLY * That * bad???
What exactly does he do in it?
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
I must have been the only one to stay awake through that Al Pacino sleeper, "Bobby Deerfield", to see Norm Nielsen in all too few snippets of his act.

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
onezero1
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of onezero1
Has anybody seen the movie Shade? That movie is ABOUT Cardmen. And The Professor is in it! The Dean is in it! The Magic Castle is in it! I love that movie. Can anyone tell me whose hands are in the opening sequence? Shade baby! B)
'though it stands to reason that a samurai should be mindful of the Way...it would seem that we are all negligent.
HeyLockwood
View Profile
Regular user
Arlington, VA (D.C. suburbs)
128 Posts

Profile of HeyLockwood
I may be mistaken, but I believe Paul Wilson's hands are in the opening sequence. He also does a little cameo at one of the card tables.

Mike
Why doesn't it tickle when I tickle myself, but it still hurts when I stick a fork in my eye?
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
In one of the old James Bond movies he uses a one way forcing deck. (Then he sleeps with Solitare). (Then she loses her powers).
prospero
View Profile
Special user
Elsewhere
572 Posts

Profile of prospero
Quote:
On 2005-02-18 10:17, onezero1 wrote:
Has anybody seen the movie Shade? that movie is ABOUT Cardmen. And The Professor is in it! The Dean is in it! The Magic Castle is in it! I love that movie. Can anyone tell me whose hands are in the opening sequence? Shade baby! B)

But remember, it's not ACTUALLY "the Professor" and/or "the Dean." I think Paul Wilson's and Jason England's hands are in the opening sequence.
George 
View Profile
Regular user
New York
133 Posts

Profile of George 
Early on in 'The Wedding Crashers' Vince Vaughn holds up a square of flash paper and asks a bunch of little kids if they know what it is. After it seemingly self-ignites, a silver dollar appears.
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
Looked up Shade and found out Jamie Foxx was the Larry Jennings role. I'd like to give that movie a peek. I likes me some Jamie Foxx, he's a better actor than Homer Simpson. I also liked one bit Anthony Hopkins did in Magic, a bottom card force from a cut to Ann Margret. Movies, what place to learn bits.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2005-02-18 09:12, gambituk1 wrote:
( Regarding TERROR TRAIN) ...and is it REALLY * That * bad???
What exactly does he do in it?

Yes its that bad. Not David...but the production is so bad everyone comes off looking bad. There's a bunch of college kids on a train and one by one they get murdered. The killer wears this mask that look a lot like David C wearing a rubber nose with glasses. You are made to think that the murderer is really the magician on the train ( played by DC ) and then just when you are positive you have it figured out...the body of the magician ( DC) is found stuffed in a trunk.

You know......it was so bad I can't remember who the real murderer was. Maybe I should watch it again......ah....maybe not.

Best,

Tim

BTW...David does a levi and asrah vanish in the film.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
They should do a remake of "Terror Train"...

Remakes are all the rage now...

And hey, they couldn't possibly do a worse job than the original...

Copperfield could do it again... Smile

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
George 
View Profile
Regular user
New York
133 Posts

Profile of George 
Steve Carrell's character, Andy, in "The 40 Year Old Virgin" tries to impress his date's daughter by producing an oversized quarter and a latex ear from her ear. Quite poorly though.
Shawn74
View Profile
Loyal user
New Mexico
211 Posts

Profile of Shawn74
The real murderer was...............awwwwww, you don't think that I would really spoil it for everyone, do you. *grin*. This was my first introduction to magic. I still remember the first time I saw DC do Cig Thru Quarter on the movie. It blew me away. Needless to say that was one of the first effects that I bought when I found a magic shop.

Shawn
Hold your breath...make a wish...count to 3... and you'll be in a world of pure imagination
Willy Wonka
Cranial Fermentator
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Cranial Fermentator
In "The Believers", Richard Masur played a lawyer who was also an amateur magician (I believe he did some coin tricks but I don't remember which ones). The best part was when he saves Martin Sheen's kid from an evil Santeria assassin/priest by blinding the guy with flash paper(right before his character bites the dust).
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
In the opening scene of pretty woman there's a guy doing coin tricks to a group of people.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I believe in T3 my Governator does the bullet catch.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Tricks in movies (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL