The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Wire or Fishing Line (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5004 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Bill, I believe the description of the pin method is on his behind the seams video. He describes several methods and that is one of them.
Where the magic begins
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
It depends on the load, I use fishline, black thread and wire.
POOF!
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of knmagic
I measured from the tip of my pinky to the tip of my thumb for the catgut. When the dove produced, people are amaze with the flapping dove, they will never see the harness even if I use black wire.
imagique
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of imagique
Use fishing line to get from the harness to the loop, but for the loop, use 28 gauge black annealed wire. Use hair clips mounted inside of the jacket lining to hold the loop in place, instead of trying to bend the loop wire to hold the loop to the jacket.

That kind of bending is what breaks the wire. Bend to position, not to hold in place, and the loops will last much longer.

Tying the line to the wire is an art in itself. Overhand knot the wire on each end of the piece that will be making the loop. Pull really hard, but leave a tiny opening, only large enough to sneak the fishing line through. Thread the fishing line through those two tiny holes that you've made, and proceed to tie a knot in whatever manner works for you. I prefer the "Trilene" knot described by the fishing line packaging. If you've got better knots, use them.

This method reduces repetitive stress in hard angles in the wire. Wire lasts a looooong time this way.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Wire or Fishing Line (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL