The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Your best "non equipped" routine. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Just to add to my earlier list:

Equivoque. When done well, this is as close to the real thing for the spectator as you can get.

Rubber band work - CMH, Cash Ladder, Band Through Thumb (Rindflisch), Ring Up Band, T&R band, Linking Bands

1 coin routine

Sankey's Pencil Through Bill

Bill in bread roll (if at dinner)

(If wearing a coat) salt vanish

And, if really looking to blow someone away and am sure it will not offend - Jay Marshall's Shoes to Table. All you need is your shoes and a napkin, preferrably a cloth one.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
JackDaniel
View Profile
Veteran user
nevada
376 Posts

Profile of JackDaniel
Quote:
On 2005-03-28 09:59, Harry Murphy wrote:

A little thought, a little more study, and a lot of practice time you will be able to develop strong routines that only use the common objects found on average people. Thus you are never caught unprepared.

Leave the TT’s, the deck of cards, the dice, the coins that no one carries anymore, the sponge balls, and hot rods at home. But do leave home prepared to work wonders!

Thanks again for your well spoken inputs Harry, I am fortunate to learn much from your posts..
:fyi:

----------

One question to Lee: I think I'v seen a performance of Jay Marshall's Shoes to table, but it's been years, and I can't recall the effect nor it's origin, could you help me out?

Jack.
Visit the magic of Vegas and your life will change forever..
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Right on Harry.
I was thinking the same thing while reading through this thread.
I could n0t have said it better.
Daniel Faith
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
473 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
Harry,

Good stuff and a real challenge to take professionalism to the next step.

But with all that in mind I still find it hard to leave home without my TT. It works so well for scarves, napkins, salt, cigarettes, floating a business card. I mean, what a versital tool for so little space in my pocket.

I guess not having it in my pants pocket is like not wearing my pants at all, and believe me, I don't like getting caught with my pants down.

That said, other favorite impromptu's include:
Borrowed Double Heads/Tails
Arm Twist
Pen through a Dollar.
What is Kings Fool?
The only business card you'll ever need!
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info
jimroady
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of jimroady
I almost always go with recap by Gregory Wilson, coins across and Dan Harlan's pencil thru dollar. All of these can be done with items you can borrow from spectators and endup being that much more effective if you do borrow them.
kuroko
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of kuroko
Finger fantasy gets my vote
Atown88
View Profile
New user
Plymouth, MA
49 Posts

Profile of Atown88
If your doing street magic, definitly the balducci
ZAM!
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of ZAM!
Since a lot of you seem to be at restaurants, you can do Knife Swallowing, if you are into that sort of magic. I can be found on Dan Harlan's Ultimate Impromptu Magic Vol 3. I like it and I do a version where I make it REALLY seem like I have a way to hold it in my throat. Then I swallow and start to talk, after a drink of water, and everyone is shocked! Just make it clear that it is not going down your shirt or sleeve and try not to scare 'em too bad! Smile

ZAM!
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Spoon bending with a watch steal or ash on palm lipstick version.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
flimnar
View Profile
Special user
Salt Lake
577 Posts

Profile of flimnar
I like a Ring/String routine--you can usually locate both in most locations.

Flimnar
"This one goes to eleven..." Nigel Tufnel
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
A nice impromptu effect by Paul Harris can be found in The art of astonishment sets I forget which volume but Its called "Nudism"it involves a series of magicians forces and some clever world manipulation check it out.
Astonishment as Therapy...?
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
There is so much mentalism you can do with nothing on you - off the top of my head:

Centre tear/peek
Osterlind watch routine
psychological subtelties such as ABCD/number force
Verbal forces (cards for example)
pseudo psychometry
TERASBOS
Muscle reading
PK time
PK touches
Lie detector (such as ring of truth)
Metal bending...

Anyone else?

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Chris_
View Profile
New user
Illinois
25 Posts

Profile of Chris_
Borrowed quarters for coins to glass or coins across. Or if at a table, maybe coins through table or spoon bending.

Chris_
"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? - Mark 8:36

www.needgod.com
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
miky
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of miky
In Canada, I've had great responses to Mike Ammar's One Finger Spellbound which I use to "double your money" by changing a borrowed loonie into a toonie.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Your best "non equipped" routine. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL