The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Black Tiger Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stevesmagic
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of stevesmagic
Steve Brooks gave his opinion on these decks. His deck had red pips for diamonds, hearts ..etc I wonder if his opinion would change if all the cards were black and white, the option that I bought. What a waste of money in my opinion. To a lay person they cannot tell the difference between a heart and a spade. I have tried this on many many people and they just can't get it !! I like the deck that Steve has bought but avoid the totally black and white, look nice but useless.
to the blue sky at the top of the hill...
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I have both kinds of Black Tiger Decks, and I would say that the best use of it comes when you don't let the spectator come to the conclusion about whether it should have been a heart or a diamond, or anything else. The suit isn't importnat if you focus their amazement on the fact that black is white, white is black and all color is gone.

The only effect I do with the whole tiger deck, as opposed to pulling individual cards to insert into other decks, is one that requires a deck switch.

So, for rhe most part, if you are sing hte whole deck, you wuld probably be (in my opinion) is to use the deck with red on it.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I have both, and I only use the red pipped one. (and I don't use it often). The contrast between a red and a white pipped card is startling, but that's about all. Maybe some four ace packet tricks, but I hardly use the full deck for much of anything aside from showing the newest sleight/flourish I have learned to fellow magi.
multiply
View Profile
Loyal user
England (Olde!)
202 Posts

Profile of multiply
I use the red-pipped ones also, but find that as soon as I show them, the first reaction from specs is 'trick deck', and so they are more sceptical than normal and sleight work is assumed to be the work of this 'gimmicked' deck (which is obviously untrue).
Now I usually just use them for floating card effects and explain that such magic requires 'special' cards, rather than a regular deck. This actually enhances the illusion and they focus on the card rather than looking for the 'other device'.
Gary B
wulfie66
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of wulfie66
Unfortunately the BTD just screams gimmick deck, eventhough it's not. I've also found that the ink comes off quite quickly too, leaving me with cards with a bold white edge. Smile
Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1516 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
They look good at first,
but soon look ruff on the edges
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1516 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
They look ruff on the edges after a few uses
paulsmagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of paulsmagic
In MAGIC magazine, an advertisement stated that a collection of effects to use with the tiger decks will be available soon. this was in addition to tiger decks made into invisible decks and other gimmicked decks.
Boy, who didn't see this coming.
Ramon
View Profile
New user
Mandaluyong City, Philippines
39 Posts

Profile of Ramon
I never use mine. They are just part of my collection. They are sort of sticky too.
Marco S.
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of Marco S.
Stevesmagic, you are absolutely right. The ones with the red fonts are much better. I said this before here. The spectators cannot tell the difference immediately and some don`t even realize what they just saw. But nobody in here believed me.
Southie Al
View Profile
New user
Boston, MA
19 Posts

Profile of Southie Al
I have the red pipped ones besides being cool looking there aren't that many uses for them. One trick that looks really cool with them is the Gemini Twins. Other then that I don't think they are all that great.
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
They spell MAGIC/GIMMICK... I like it only to perform/practice to myself. See how it looks like with a balck deck. But when performing to laymen, standard and traditional Bicycles
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Gaffed Black Tigers. Hmmm......cards that looks like a trick deck that CAN'T be examined. I believe I'll pass on those.
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1989 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Black tigers are good for prediction cards ...
and something else.....si stebins on the black and white deck is invisible Smile
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Black Tiger Deck (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL