The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Number Of The Beast (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
1. George Orwell wrote a famous book in which every man, woman, and child were assigned a number, and were little better than a beast; the book was, of course, 1984. How did Orwell arrive at this date? Easy. If you add 666 to 1318 (the chapter and verse in Revelations), the total is 1984.

2. There are 22 chapters in Revelations; there are 22 cards in the Major Arcana in the Tarot deck. The Number Of The Beast (who symbolizes the end of the world) appears in chapter 13; in the Tarot, the 13th card is Death (which in a Tarot Reading, that card simply means that there is going to be a major change good or bad in your life, but hey it is still a cool fact anyway).

3. The three digits in The Number Of The Beast total 18 (6+6+6=18). The number appears in Verse 18. There are 31 words in Verse 18; if you reverse 31 (reversal being a common theme in Black Magic Practice) you get 13, the number of the chapter in which the number appears.

4. SIX HUNDRED SIXTY SIX has 18 characters, and 6+6+6 totals 18.

5. 666 totals 18. Curiously, both of these numbers are reversible, i.e. they can be turned upside-down. As noted in (3) reversal is a common procedure in sorcery, so let’s take a look at that:

666 X 18 = 11,988
999 X 81 = 80,919
Total sum: 92,907

If you add the numbers in the thousands columns to those in the hundreds column (e.g. 11 + 988), in all three cases you get 999, or 666 turned upside-down, or reversed.

6. Another approach to this is to multiply 666 by 1318; the result is 877,788. If we add as before 877 to 788 we get 1,665. Repeating the process gives us a grand total of 666. We can also add up all the triplets preceding 666 (111 + 222 + 333 + 444 + 555), and our result will likewise be 1,665. If we add up the rest of the triplets (666 + 777 + 888 + 999) our total is 4,995; addition of the thousands to the hundreds gives us 999. Of course, simply adding the two primary numbers we have been dealing with (666 and 999) will also result in 1,665.

7. Another number in The Bible that has been the subject of much speculation (by Augustine and others) is 153: the number of fish caught in the net as described in John 21:11. Interestingly enough, if we subtract 153 from 666, in other words we remove a number symbolizing an act of goodness from The Number Of The Beast; the remainder is 513. So what, right? Well, the 5th 1st and 3rd letters in the alphabet are E A and C. Those letters comprise in order the initials of Edward Alexander Crowley- Aleister Crowley’s birth name.

8. Another interesting relationship: if we arrange the three digits 1 5 and 3in the six possible combinations, and sum them up (153 + 135 + 315 + 351 + 513 + 531) the total is 1,998. If, as before, we add the thousands column to the hundreds column, we arrive at 999, the reversal of 666. We can also multiply 666 by 153, with a result of 101,898; our standard addition procedure again gives us 999.

9. And now my favorite application! In ancient Greece, letters of the alphabet are assigned a value. The chart below will give you the standard value assignments for the Greek Alphabet with its English Alphabet equivalent.

Greek Letter Numerical Value English Equivalent Sound
alpha 1 A a
beta 2 B b
gamma 3 G g (hard)
delta 4 D d
epsilon 5 E e (short)
zeta 7 Z z
eta 8 H e (long)
theta 9 Q th
iota 10 I I
kappa 20 K k
lamda 30 L l
mu 40 M m
nu 50 N n
xi 60 X x
omicron 70 O o (short)
pi 80 P p
rho 100 R r
sigma 200 S s
tau 300 T t
upsilon 400 U you
phi 500 V ph
chi 600 C ch
psi 700 J ps
omega 800 W o (long)

To save you the hassle of doing the transition, and the math, I will tell you the numeric total of the letters in my name, David Eldridge, equals a total of 680. So what again, right? Well, add the three digits together (6+8+0) and you get a total of 14. Subtract 14 from the original total of 680, and you get 666. I love math. Smile
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6679 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Actually, Dpe666, I believe Orwell wrote his book in 1948 and merely reversed those numbers to get the future date.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2826 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2004-10-09 19:35, Greg Arce wrote:
Actually, Dpe666, I believe Orwell wrote his book in 1948 and merely reversed those numbers to get the future date.
Greg

Or... is that what they WANT you to believe?! Smile Smile Smile
"All the world's a stage, but the play is badly cast!" - Oscar Wilde
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6679 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2004-10-10 16:33, mandrake01 wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-10-09 19:35, Greg Arce wrote:
Greg

Or... is that what they WANT you to believe?! Smile Smile Smile

I'd have to check with minitru to see if it is what they want me to believe.
:rotf:
Greg
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
666 is also related to heierarchy of demons. 6 being the first level containing the major demons, mamoth, mammon, santanchia, etc. The second level being 66 of their underlings, and then the third 666 of the third level, ruling all the other legions below them.

This is however mathematicaly non-related since it doesn't add, subtract, multiply or devide to anything.

Jesus was written to have cast out demons and bind them into pigs which drown. The more common movie practice is to bind the demon into some item that is fragile, then smash, grind and scatter the tiny remaining peices.

If you want to read a scary book, get The Demonologist. It was taken off the shelf in the first printing,due to its effects on the reader, but copies turn up all the time. Its the nonfiction story of a man and his wife bent on seeking out and destroying every demon that can be found.

This guy is the Van Helsing of demons. Creepy stuff.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6679 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I'm always reminded of Sankey's line: "I'm 667... the neighbor to the Beast."

Greg
Bball5630
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Bball5630
Whatever each person believes 666 means, it is amazing that people find that number intriguing. When it was first written down, in a book that precluded all mentions of the number, I don't think they wanted it to be a number that peopl loved, quite the opposite. Isn't it amazing how when someone says don't touch that mankind automatically is intrigued? Be it a number or an apple.
mistermudd
View Profile
New user
Lancaster, CA
98 Posts

Profile of mistermudd
Wow, someone has a lot of time on their hands...

I dig the patterns; though, some of them, I feel, are a little complex to be any more than just pulling a pattern from chaos, but either way, very interesting post.
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
I had read some Biblical reference that "6" was the number of man, and that, by identification with the trinity, "666" was the symbol of man attempting to be God.

Why is "6" the number of man?

I don't know; he's on third...

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
J.K. Chesterton wrote a book set 50 years in the future in which people moved on to a more just society where they where more equal, etc.
The book, The Napoleon Of Notting Hill, was written in 1934.
Orwell wrote a parody ! Although I'm not sure parody is the right word.

Nothing to do with Reverlations.

Eddie
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
J.K. Chesterton wrote a book set 50 years in the future in which people moved on to a more just society where they where more equal, etc.
The book, The Napoleon Of Notting Hill, was written in 1934.
Orwell wrote a parody ! Although I'm not sure parody is the right word.

Nothing to do with Reverlations.

Eddie
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5400 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
My number is “333” I guess I am only half evil!?

And what does it all mean if you are not from a western (Judeo-Christian) background?
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
ColinB
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of ColinB
John's Book of Revelation has also been interpreted as a metaphorical attack on Rome, and 666 can be translated using a code known to be used by religious/political writers of the time to represent the Emperor Nero, the embodiment and fountainhead of evil to early Christians and Jews. Earlier manuscripts of the book have been found where the number of the beast is 616, which the code translates as the Emperor Gaius Caligula.
Click here
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I don't know Harry, but I think its getting obvious that the rest of us are trying to skirt around the math issue as much as possible.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5400 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Math? Math!! I am lucky to be able to spell “math”! I am glad that we have brother dpe666 to build the presentation ideas for us by doing the hard stuff!

Hey thanks for the link ColinB and special thanks to brother dpe666 for starting this whole thing. He truly is representative of the number "666"!!!!!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

"My number is “333” I guess I am only half evil!?"

Or if it were 999.....yeesh!!!

"And what does it all mean if you are not from a western (Judeo-Christian) background?"

It means you won't waste any of your time picketing Procter & Gamble for their logo.

Steve
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2004-10-11 20:43, Dr_Stephen_Midnight wrote:
I had read some Biblical reference that "6" was the number of man, and that, by identification with the trinity, "666" was the symbol of man attempting to be God.

Why is "6" the number of man?

Maybe 6 is the number of man because man has 6 senses (if you believe in esp).
Just another whacko idea of mine.
-Iven Smile

Also, George Orwell's 1984 was published in 1948 and I have always thought that he just transposed the last two digits to arrive at a future date. The basic idea's of 1984 are here and now but we call it "Homeland Security".

I don't know; he's on third...

Steve
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

But unlike Costello, I DO give a ****...so I'm voting.
Smile
Steve
Smile
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2826 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2004-10-11 20:06, Greg Arce wrote:
I'm always reminded of Sankey's line: "I'm 667... the neighbor to the Beast."

Greg

He must be English. In America, the neighbor to the Beast would be either 664 or 668 (The odd number would be across the street) Smile
"All the world's a stage, but the play is badly cast!" - Oscar Wilde
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
We're the same over here, I was just about to say the same thing.It should be 668 neighbour of the beast.
The joke doesn't work your side of Atlantic is: I thought it was just the number for the Australian police.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Number Of The Beast (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL