The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » hello! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Martin
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Martin
Hi,

My name’s Martin, I’m 29, and returning to practicing / performing magic (after a long break) simply for the sheer love of it. I’d site my early teen-age influences as Jay Sankey / Richard Sanders, Paul Harris, J.C Wagner, Larry Jennings, Jerry Sadowitz, Peter Duffie, Stephen Tucker, Vernon and Marlo...not forgetting the classics; Bobo’s Coin Magic, Royal Road, etc.

My claim to fame so far – slips back a decade - to when I illustrated a book for Martin Breese, written by Peter Duffie entitled, ‘Applications.’ I did this whilst attending Art College (fill in the memory gaps...please!), an excellent book, still residing proudly in my portfolio and C.V. (Résumé).

By the age of nineteen, I found myself performing the odd table hopping gig, plus a couple of stage shows...but then drifted away from the magic scene. Why? Really, I’m not certain! I guess the cupboard marked ‘miscellaneous life hurdles’ (hitting twenty and all its woes) took precedence. However, inside; a passion for the art always remained...especially when someone would thrust a pack of cards in my paws down the pub.

I’m back with a humble returnee-thing. I have NO knowledge of the current magic world status; its recent trends, controversies and favourites. I’ve been lurking in the wings of the Magic Café for nearly two weeks, and it seems like a great site, championing the art of magic; so I really do look forward to participating.

Cheers!

Martin
Smile
TOBIAS
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle Magic
221 Posts

Profile of TOBIAS
Welcome back and if you need any thing please let us know. I am a close up worker. Any thing you need close up.
Smile
Be true to your art, and it will be true to you
Victor Brisbin
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC
432 Posts

Profile of Victor Brisbin
Welcome, Martin. You'll find many here who share your interests. Pull up a chair, and have a free day-old donut. (Okay, I don't have fine Turkish coffee on hand like our friend, Tora...)
Smile
"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4981 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Glad to have you at the cafe, Martin. The menu has much to choose from. I'm sure you'll be well fed. Most of us have gone through the no magic phase and have come back. Feel free to ask questions. We're all here to learn. While you browsing, have a cup of coffee Smile and a donut on my bill. I'm sure Tora's turkish coffee is on the way.

Dave Smile
Where the magic begins
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
941 Posts

Profile of cfrye
Hi Martin! No doubt you'll find all of the recent trends, and handles on classic material you'll enjoy.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi martin

Welcome to the fora. Have fun here

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Welcome to the Cafe.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Welcome aboard, Martin.
You'll find that the second time the magic bug bits is far more effective -- and permanent -- that the first.
Glad you made it here!
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
Martin
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Martin
Thank-you all for your gracious welcome!
Jimmy Lee
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
682 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Lee
Welcome to the cafe my magical friend. Nice to have your around!

Hope to see your posts soon! Smile Smile
Magically Yours,

Jimmy...
a guy from a tropical island in South East Asia
..oops...where did he disappeared to????
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3178 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Welcome Friend Martin!

Being one like you, who left magic for a number of years, I find this place the best place for a proper homeconing to the art!

I am sure that you too, will feel at home here.

Glad you decided to join us.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Bascomb Grecian
View Profile
Loyal user
Redding, Ca.
202 Posts

Profile of Bascomb Grecian
You and I would have much in common. I took a break as well. If magic is a part of who you are, do not ever let go of it, it is a gift!
Welcome to The Magic Cafe'!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » hello! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL