We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Goodbye to Superman... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3735 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Sad to report that actor Christopher Reeve passed away Sunday (in New York) from heart failure, he was 52.

Reeves will always be remembered for his role as SUPERMAN, a part which most suited him says I. He also played in films such as Somwhere In Time and did stage work on Broadway.

He was injured and paralyzed in 1995 while riding a horse and spent the last few years lecturing and attending benefits to help raise money for those less fortunate. His courage and determination set an example for others to follow - he will be missed.
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Somewhere in Time is a great movie and one of my wife's favorites, we used a lot of the sound track at our wedding and her dress was based on Jane's. I'm not looking forward to going home this morning to tell my wife the news Smile
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6653 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
We've lost our modern day Superman/Clark Kent.
:(
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
I always remember Chistopher Reeve as Superman he was the ONLY superman in my opinion Dean Cain just did not cut it too my mind. I will miss him as an actor and as superman,

Luke
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
gareth123
View Profile
Loyal user
Rotherham UK
245 Posts

Profile of gareth123
The man was super on and off the screen.

Gareth.
*is tihs migac or am i sineg aonhter wlord in wihch i nveer lvied UNTILL NOW*
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
What amazed me was what a super actor he was AFTER his accident. Did any of you see that remake of that old Jimmy Stewart/Hitchcock movie, where the disabled guy witnessed a murder from his apartment?

Tony.
mistermudd
View Profile
New user
Lancaster, CA
98 Posts

Profile of mistermudd
Sad. I am disappointed that the news in my area didn't mention so far today.
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2321 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Thank you Chris for all the memories growing up. You made me believe that a man could fly.
Billy Whizz
View Profile
Special user
Plymouth, UK
576 Posts

Profile of Billy Whizz
He was a great actor, and will be sadly missed.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Hey Brian, thank you for that beautiful poster tribute. I spent the whole day absent mindedly whistling the theme from superman. Your poster hit the nail right on the head. The way Reeve played superman, I believed he was superman, not an actor using camera tricks.

I am sure our friend upstairs is making him feel comfortable amd welcome even as we speak.

Goodbye Chris,
Thank you for BEING Superman
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
When I was 8 years old I saw a man flying on TV and thought if only I could do that. What child hasn't had that dream ever? Christopher Reeve took a script, a character and made a dream for many young children throughtout the ages to wish for. It's hard to believe you can actually shed a a few tears for someone you never new but felt so personally close to. For those of you that have ever dreamed of flying....I'm sure you understand. Farewell Superman...you will be dearly missed!!
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
He did an excellent job in portraying the Comic book hero that I have loved for so long.

He will be missed.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
I guess the name Super Man doesn't only apply to a comic character, but really a man who was the best person he could be, even while struggling from paralysis. He was a charming person every day, every second. After his accident, he did not give up, did not lose hope; he remained determined to achieve whatever possible and do as much with his difficulties to fulfill an average person's dream.....to live a life of peace, happiness, and most of all, love. A strong man who will never be forgotten in our lives. Mr. Reeve, I pray that you live on with joy. God bless.

Daniel Santos
If it is to be, it is up to me.
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
After his accident, Christopher Reeve helped me believe that there is no such thing as kryptonite.

May we all have his strength and virtue.
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5711 Posts

Profile of Regan
R.I.P. Superman.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
535 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
An amazing story he had. When everything came apart for him, he kept it together. How much more super can you get.

JB
The Visual Comedy and Magic of Joey Evans

http://www.Evansmagic.com/

The Impossible Has Never Been So Funny!
Shawn74
View Profile
Loyal user
New Mexico
211 Posts

Profile of Shawn74
In tribute the call center that I work at is showing all 4 Superman films as well as Somewhere In Time tomorrow. It's hard to believe that a hero has died.
It's amazing that one man could touch some many people's lives by personifying the character that made him famous long after the cameras were off.
It's hard to believe that this is the true Death Of Superman.
You will be missed.
Shawn
Hold your breath...make a wish...count to 3... and you'll be in a world of pure imagination
Willy Wonka
Pants99
View Profile
Loyal user
El Paso, TX
230 Posts

Profile of Pants99
Superman is one of my favorite movies. I even stand like Superman sometimes...I feel powerful!

Miss him already!!!

Pants
Buckle up... it makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5725 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
If there ever was an icon, Superman was an icon...

We ALL know him.

If there ever was a "super" man, Christopher Reeves was a "super" man...

We'll ALL miss him.

"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Goodbye to Superman... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL