We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Convention on Magic History (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

evanthx
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
197 Posts

Profile of evanthx
Does anyone know about the Convention on Magic History? I read about it periodically in magazines but I don't really see a web site or know when the next one is being held. Is it open to the public? And when is the next one being held?

Thanks for any information!
gfajuri
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of gfajuri
Evan,

There is no web site you can visit, unfortunately. The Magic Collectors' Association holds a convention every year, usually in Chicago. In 2005, however, the MCA convention will be held in Las Vegas. If you would like to join the MCA, contact David Meyer at magic.collectors.assoc@worldnet.att.net. All members are welcome to attend the convention, and membership (which includes a subscription to a wonderful quarterly magazine, "Magicol") only costs $25! WELL worth it.

The Los Angeles Conference on Magic History is held every other year, and attendance is on an invitation-only basis. The Conference is run by Jim Steinmeyer. Sorry I can't provide more info on this one.

Best,

Gabe Fajuri
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
If you collect magic or like it's history, then you have to join Magicol. Gabe is right on target.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7340 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
By all means join Magicol, I think you will find it worth your time.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
evanthx
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
197 Posts

Profile of evanthx
Thanks for the advice - I hadn't heard of Magicol. I'll join that, I'm quite curious about it!

-Evan
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7340 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Feel free to contact me if you want to talk about history stuff. It needs to be continued on.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Terry Harris
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Terry Harris
I write an article in each issue of Magicol, called what is it? You can submit a photo of a piece of magic you possess and the members will fill in the missing pieces. that might be worth the small investment of just $25.00 per year. The magazine carries many, many interesting articles--Terry Harris
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24210 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
It may be difficult to get in to the Collector's Weekend at this late date. The registration for this one is limited.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I believe on or about 5 June, In paris, there is going to be a HUGE Collector's Convention. Do a google search for "georges proust" (without the " marks) and I think you will find it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
As of last week, there were 22 registrations left out of 250. You'll have to act fast.

Good Luck,
Kevin
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1143 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Is there another way to contact Mr. Meyer? I have tried e-mailing him at the address above and it keeps getting bounced back saying the address is temporarily suspended.

Appreciate any insight.

Michael
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
Call Magic Inc.

They have everyone phone #.

I have his # but am not sure
where its at this moment.
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
Clay Shevlin
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of Clay Shevlin
I think the working e-mail address for the MCA is magic.collectors@sbcglobal.net. I know Mr. Meyer is busy but I'm sure he'll find the time to respond to serious membership inquiries. Clay
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24210 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
You need to delete the period at the end of the e-mail address.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Convention on Magic History (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL