The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Email Mailing List? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicsam
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of magicsam
Hi,

I would like to start up a email mailing list, where I send people over email a few times a year a newsletter (probably designed on publisher), but all of the newsletters that I have received and seen from other magicians seem to always have adverts everywhere.

How can I get an emailing list that sends it out to everyone on my list, without having a huge long list of emails on the CC bar at the top, but maybe it saying To: 'Mailing list'. and this sending it to all my emails, AND ad free!!!
All of the major companies seem to have this kind of newsletter, and they also have a link to unsubscribe from the newsletter with.

Can anyone help me as to how I can create a mailing list, and once I have designed it on publiseher, how I can make this send to all of my mailing list? By the way, I am looking for a free mailing service to use!

Thanks for the help!
Sam
Eric Starkey
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburgh, PA
180 Posts

Profile of Eric Starkey
Sam,
You'll want to put the recipient's addresses in the "BCC" field, not the "CC" field. "BCC" is "blind carbon copy" and will not be shown to the recipients. The only field that will appear is the "To" address. To make that field say "Mailing List" (or whatever you want) simply save your own e-mail address in your address book with "Mailing List" as the "Name", then use that in the "To" field.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Eric
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7426 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
While this is not a free option, it might be just what you are looking for:

Workhorse Mailer.

The person who created it, Ryan Pilling, is a magician and computer whiz!

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
magicsam
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of magicsam
Wow! Pretty quick replies!
Eric, I have 'multiple email accounts' (two email addresses, and I choose which one to send it from when I send an email) and I don't have a BCC box on the create mail window; do you know how I can get this BCC box up?

Thanks again!
Sam
Eric Starkey
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburgh, PA
180 Posts

Profile of Eric Starkey
Sam,
It really depends on which e-mail handler you're using (ie. Microsof Outlook, Outlook Express, some kind of web mail, etc.). Usually, even if it's not displayed when you have a message open, you can find it when selecting names from your address book. If you don't have any luck there, search around under various options in your toolbars.

If you still can't get the BCC field, I would recommend posting which e-mail program you're using and maybe someone might be able to help you out.

Good luck!

Eric
MagicalPirate
View Profile
Special user
Shamokin, PA
828 Posts

Profile of MagicalPirate
I wouldn't suggest using BCC field. There are ISP's and mail centers that now routinely look to see if there is anything in that field and delete emails that use the BCC feature.

I suggest the free version of Group Mail. It will mail to your list (limit of 100 names for the free version) and make each individual. I have mailed to a 100 name list in under 3 minutes using the program. Then you don't have to worry about deletions (at least not because you used BCC) and your prospect will receive your email. If you want it without limitations you can buy the pro version for $99.95 and it would make a good investment.

You can download your free copy of Group Mail here:

http://www.infacta.com/download.asp?a=mnu

Martin Smile
Martin Blakley, CSH, DASH, CMSA
http://www.thehypnoguy.com/HYPNORESOURCES
http://www.docgrayson.com/
How To Sell Anything Online
http://tub.bz/?r=1z
Copyright to my own words retained 100%.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Email Mailing List? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL