The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Chop cup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

philipi56
View Profile
Regular user
grand rapids, MI
142 Posts

Profile of philipi56
Would chop cups be good for small children or would they get confused? Thanks
martinkaplan
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
562 Posts

Profile of martinkaplan
I think the question might be can you come up with a routine and plot that will interest them? If you can, then the effect will work.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
It depends on the child. I have two small pomeranians at home. One is not interested in the least. The other one will watch me practice, regardless of the effect. He is most drawn to silk magic,any type of coin magic, cups and balls and the chop cup. He has watched me for up to four hours at a time. One time for 7 hours.I would rate their intelligence at about that of a 2-4 year old child.

With live specs the age doesn't seem to matter as long as you connect well, and keep the connection. Most children above 5-6 years old follow the chop cup pretty well. Cups and balls will lose most of them at that age due to the complexity and length of the routines. You will have the best luck with young children, if you stick to the simple routines that come with the props and work harder on keeping the connection and interest up.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
The Cups and Balls/Chop Cup Combo routine that comes with the Combo Set seems simple enough for children to follow and enjoy.

I think kids love it if there are some final surprise productions that follow the short routine. Michael Ammar says the routines are always just a set up for the wonder of the final loads--whether for adults or children, and I think I generally agree with him.

Go for it!

alleycat Smile
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
The Cups and Balls/Chop Cup Combo routine that comes with the Combo Set seems simple enough for children to follow and enjoy.

I think kids love it if there are some final surprise productions that follow the short routine. Michael Ammar says the routines are always just a set up for the wonder of the final loads--whether for adults or children, and I think I generally agree with him.

Go for it!

alleycat Smile
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
Victor Brisbin
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC / NOVA
432 Posts

Profile of Victor Brisbin
The chop cup could be a great children's routine. Ken Brooke had one called "Bertie the Baseballer," which you might enjoy with your own updated patter.

Re: Mr. Ammar's comments on the final load(s), I would humbly suggest that you don't follow his performance example by passing out the fruit and vegetables before the routine, only to find them under the cups at the end. Smile
"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Chop cup (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL