The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Danny Archer's Alien Invasion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Just to chime in. I absolutely love this effect. I too, years ago, bought everyone I could find from any dealers that had it. Been performing this since 2002 until March of 2020 when the restaurants shut down (virus). My other favorite that is sort of similar is Cheap Labor from David Acer's book
Natural Selections.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
glowball
View Profile
Special user
Nashville TN
846 Posts

Profile of glowball
Below is a link to a better view of the alien invasion routine. After clicking on the link click on the Abbotts Halloween Special play button (you may have to scroll down a little to find it) then maximize your screen then advance to the 43 second mark.

http://www.creepymagic.com/product_focus/alieninvasion.html
glowball
View Profile
Special user
Nashville TN
846 Posts

Profile of glowball
Oops, about five posts back I made an error. I erroneously said "holding the packet face up". I should have said "holding the packet face down" when doing the reset moves.

This is so easy and it fits right in with the final part of the routine so that it's actually part of the act to do the reset moves right in front of your audience.

The normal instructions are at the end: to simply put the packet away with the packet face down and then later out of view of the audience you reset the packet.

My simple solution is: at the end of the routine after you've done the final "down under" Elmsley with the packet face down in your hands do one more "down under" Elmsley then flip the packet face up spread two cards over (your audience will see three face up aliens) then move the second card to the bottom of the packet and place the first card back on top where it was.

You do all this while saying something like "That's how the Earth was almost conquered by these ugly alien invaders". This way the reset moves appear to be you just casually showing more views that these are back to normal aliens.
glowball
View Profile
Special user
Nashville TN
846 Posts

Profile of glowball
My (Larry Finley) patter for Danny Archer's alien invasion. Feel free to use this patter for yourself.
I think the existing patter is fine but I think the following patter makes the routine even more interesting and more "magic" related:

"This is a story of how Harry Houdini saved the Earth from alien invaders back in 1920. These playing cards represent earthlings, just say stop anywhere. this card represents Harry Houdini.

Here comes a UFO and it has aliens. Let me show you their ugly faces and also their ugly backs. They want to spy on us and gather our technical information so they meed to clone themselves to look like an earthling.

They sent a spy to Earth and captured an earthling who happened to be Harry Houdini who was taking a walk that day. They cloned themselves ching ching ching (just give a little twist to the packet three times for effect) to look like him, but they did not know that he was a great escape artist.

He escaped from them and went back to Earth and put on a fantastic magic illusion show, the alien spy saw this and was astonished and went back to the other aliens and said these earthlings have great powers we must not invade so they decloned themselves ching ching ching so they looked like themselves both on the front and the back.

And they decided that earthlings were too powerful and so they returned to their home planet. And that is how Harry Houdini saved the Earth from the alien invaders!".

Note: I sometimes will do the effect again with a another packet that uses a different force card and my patter will be almost exactly the same as above but I say that David Copperfield (or Lance Burton) is the magician instead of Harry Houdini and I use the year 2000 instead of 1920 and I will say they are taking a second look to see if the powerful earthlings have died off.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Danny Archer's Alien Invasion (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL