The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Classy place this forum! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
935 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Hello all,

My name is Ron Giesecke, a sleight-of-hand performer in the Redding, Ca. area. Aside from the seasonal ebbs and flows of the business in these parts, I spend a considerable chunk of my time interpreting for deaf kids in the county educational system.

I am looking forward to many great brainstorms and logrolling sessions with my fellow members. Also, the fact that so many great performers are openly associating with this forum immediately drives the local real estate value up considerably. I think the Greeks called that "ethos."

Remember my name, because you will see it in print shortly--I've got a great new original idea coming down the pike, and I truly think those with proficient card-handling skills will appreciate it at the very least, and venture it at best. At any rate it will be fun to finally contribute to the aggregate of magic for once. I can't always be a taker.

See you in the forum. . .

Ron Giesecke (pronounced Gee-sick)
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Welcome to the Cafe. Looking forward to your posts.
Smile
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Welcome aboard, Ron.
And we will certainly look forward to your posts and your published material.
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2842 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Hi Ron,
Welcome..It's like family here, so make yourself to home. I've had the pleasure and
great experience of doing a show for the hearing impaired. Very receptive group. No verbal misdirection, so they watch every move... Looking forward to hearing about your
new publication........
David Paul
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4982 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Glad to have you aboard, Ron. The cafe is the place to be. Looking forward to your posts and upcoming publishings. Have some coffee on my bill while you look through the menu. Smile

Dave
Where the magic begins
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
935 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
David,

As a matter of fact, I have a deaf show coming up. Under any other circumstance, I would be mortified to even approach this situation, because, as you said, there is no verbal misdirection.

Over the past few years, I have slowly created "hybrid' routines--using a mix of American Sign Language, and facial expression to sell the misdirection.

The most frustrating for me was the cups and balls, which is the true highlight of my act. The hands are so compromised that sign is virtually impossible--but--the plot is so timeless, that one needn't explain it. It took me two years to make my cups and balls as surprising and fun for the deaf as is it for the hearing--and yet this endeavor has virtually guranteed that the hearing will never catch me now--as my routining has been enormously improved by this interesting form of practice and entertainment.

I'd love to hear about your experience--maybe we can start a discussion in the forum, and hear what others have run into as well.

Ron Giesecke Smile
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
941 Posts

Profile of cfrye
Ron,

Welcome, and I look forward to seeing your discussion on magic for the deaf. I enjoyed reading Whit Haydn's story about his "Impromptu Card Code: Magic for the Blind" in _Street Magic_.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi Ron

Welcome to the cafe. I only joined a little while ago myself and feel as welcomed as I ever have anywhere.

Have fun

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Jimmy Lee
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
682 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Lee
Welcome to the cafe my magical friend. Nice to have your around!

Hope to see your posts soon! Smile Smile
Magically Yours,

Jimmy...
a guy from a tropical island in South East Asia
..oops...where did he disappeared to????
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2842 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Ron and cfrye,
Sounds like a great discussion, performing for the hearing impaired. Maybe the best place to discuss this would be under the "General Magic" section: Food For Thought.
David Paul
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Welcome to the Magic Cafe Ron. It will be interesting to read your post for the hearing impaired.
Bascomb Grecian
View Profile
Loyal user
Redding, Ca.
202 Posts

Profile of Bascomb Grecian
Ron,

Great to see you! You do have a way with the words! - and cards!
Smile
Welcome to The Magic Cafe'!
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6581 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Welcome aboard, friend! Please take a few moments to familiarize yourself with the rules and etiquette of the Cafe, and then post away!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Classy place this forum! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL