The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Upcoming Houdini Auction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Kevin, what is your thinking for two SSJ's in the movie??

Ian
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
Ian,

Because in one scene the hasp for the lock is functioning and in another the hasp and lock are swinging upwards(?) together, on a hinge. Sorry for the poor description.

Best Always....Kevin
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Kevin, It is the one jacket only. The Staple of the hasp and staple is the gimmicked part and is made to come away from the jacket so one can escape. The bar at the back comes apart in a similar manner which is why Curtis put the bar onto of the folded jacket while in the challenges arms.

Ian
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
Ian,

I'll have to bow to your expertise. As I remember it, there was no seams etc. near the hasp. To me, the first time you see the jacket the base of the hasp is securely on the jacket. Later on you see the gimmick flopping up.

I can't even find my copy of the movie! I just looked all over. I guess I might as well invest in the DVD.

Thanks for the help,
Kevin
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Kevin, I have just got a copy of the DVD and it's good to see it again and use it to study the movie.

Ian

Kevin, I have taken the liberty to email you a drawing of explanation. please check your regular email.

Ian
Lloyd McDonald
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Lloyd McDonald
Ian-

All joking aside, this has been very interesting and informative regarding the SSJ. I had no idea that Houdini ever used such an item. Assuming that with all the artistic liberties Hollywood took this was just another.

Best to you.

Mac
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Mac, I didn't understand the jokes, a cultural thing I guess, thought they might have been 'In' jokes.

I was very surprised when I found out that the SSJ was a real escape method device and that it was either owned by Houdini or made for Houdini ( I cannot remeber right now) I had always thought like most that it was Hollywood license to 'trick' up the movie, but alas not this time.

All the best from Aussieland, Fairdinkum mate!

Ian
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Ian I think you just mentioned what Lloyd was trying to say about Hollywood. they do Fabricate a lot of stuff and come up with a lot of stuff that is not true. Don,
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Dear Don, Hollywood wouldn't really do that would they?

thanks for that Don, and to think I always thought it was all true and especially Doris Day being a nice girl. ( I don't know how to put those little icons in my message to suggest what I am thinking, you'll just have to guess.)

Ian
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Ian Hollywood does a lot of things they shouldn't ( sings the ( k sera sera where ever you will be you will be )
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Dear Don, you are very insightful. thank you oh wise one, out here in Australia they have just invented the radio, so we miss out on a lot of what is happening.

You are heading quickly to the 2000 post mark now.
keep up the fine work.

Ian
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
LOL Ian I doubt your serious about the radio being just invented there. as for post 2000 I'm sorry but the next goal is 10,000 and that will be a while yet. Don,
Lloyd McDonald
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Lloyd McDonald
Thanks Mate- sorry about the humor, all in good fun though. No "inies."
Hope next time you make it to the states we can share a few stubbies.

Don it’s true what Ian says about the radio. Last time I was in OZ they were networking their computers with two cans and some string. The downloads were accomplished with rabbit ears, and the keypads were nothing more than a telegraph keys, but you should have seen how fast the trained roos worked them. Smile
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Lloyd, now that's aussie humour. Good one mate.
Ian
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Hi, this has nothing to do with the original post. But with the Houdini film. Does anyone know where I can get it? I've not had a lot of luck in my search for it.

Cheers,

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Roslyn, This not much help but I got my copy as an asian import. Houdini with Tony Curtis and asian character subtitles. Not too distracting as they don't make words which I would understand so they don't drawn my attention from the film. Great quality recording.

Ian
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Ros seems like you get the VHS then get it copied on a DVD. Don, P.S. how do the Rabbit Ears Work if theres Fur on them. Don,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Upcoming Houdini Auction (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL