The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Needed: Lockpicking Set. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I need a new lockpicking set.

What is the best source for this? I have searched the web, but there are a lot of sites that I don't know if I would trust.

Let me know..thanks.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
You mean for around the house/shop, or escapes? Is it legal in your state/county to own them? Will you be traveling in other jurisdictions to do shows? What is wrong with your old set?
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
If you need a new one why not go back to where you got your first set from
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Donster,

I got mine off an auction, at Yahoo Auctions. That was a mistake...lol.

I am looking for a better, and higher quality set.

IT is legal in my area to have them, but most of my escapes will be local...I don't travel far.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
What brand did you buy. or get some of the companies are making the picks cheaper also what are you going to be picking
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Buying them without a locksmith license is the next problem. You relly only need a couple picks and a couple wrenches. I would advise that if you still have the old ones you cut out a new set from feeler gauges like Steve recommended for shim stock. Wax the old one to the new stock and scribe around it. Use tin snips to get a shape and clean up with a dremel and sandpaper. Do this a couple of times and you won't need any new ones. Good tension wrench stock can be found the next time your wife or girlfriend pulls one of those wires out from under her shirt.

Its not about the tools, as much as the relationship between you and the three demensional puzzle.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
KSD that is Hilarious about the wire. if it is what I think it is. I hope the cups are removed to. also when I made my first pick it was with a vise a file and a bench grinder and a piece of spring steel.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I think I may have stepped in too deep on that one since not all of the ladies have..... Oh nevermind!
I'm out of this one.

Don your on you own here.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
KSD ok. if you do as KSD suggested please be sure it is one they are not using any more. and Don't go grabbing/trying to get the wire while they are wearing/using it. Don, Smile
jbohn
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapoils, MN
102 Posts

Profile of jbohn
You might try http://www.cannonsgreatescapes.com.

Jeremiah
Clarioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
624 Posts

Profile of Clarioneer
http://www.topsecretmagic.co.uk/main.html

A whole section on lock picking....
catch you later

Clarioneer
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Got a set...THANKS everyone for your suggestions.

And thanks Clyde.
PatrickErrins
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of PatrickErrins
http://www.lockpicks.com/index.asp

That is where I have purchased in the past. They are very easy going.

Best,
Patty
royaltmagic
View Profile
New user
Kintuckee
61 Posts

Profile of royaltmagic
Astinus,

You might also want to take a look at http://www.mighellsillusions.com
When you get there, take a look at the Toolshed Lock.
It allows you to hide your picks inside. I believe it comes with picks too.
"Beeble beeble beeble. Blah blah blah."

- Sum Wan

http://www.royaltmagic.com
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Travis Nice Site how far away are you from Milfoed Ohio ?
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
You are welcome Astinus. Gee, 1660 posts! Wow! I think Donster has you in his sites to pass you. Smile

Travis! Welcome! Good to see you on here. I forget how to do it but maybe someone on here can tell you how to add your site as part of your signature line.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Lol if evreyone keeps encouraging me I might hit 2000 before xmas. Don,
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Well the EARL can help quite a bit on escapology related items and materials and make sure to stop at MighellsIllusions.com as noted above and check those items out as well. Very nice and very usable performance related items in Both spots.

Keep in mind that some places mix up escapology and locksmithing. The two are very similar and very different at the same time.

Seek out sources more devoted to escapology and you can save yourself some time and money in your studies.

Like I said before, Its not about the tools, nearly as much as the relationship between you and the overall task at hand. Understanding that relationship will free you from having to have specific tools and allow you to "hotdog it" with what ever is handy. (up to a point)

The main thing is you don't want to be a coin guy that can't do anything without a flipper, folder or a shell in your pocket. Escapology is the same way. Any rope chain, or shoe lace should let you entertain on the spot, even if its only for a short time. Twist ties, keyring rings, and zip ties can serve as "temporaray" locks. Imagination and salesmanship count.
e2x2e
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of e2x2e
Get a SouthOrd. No question about it.
happy003
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of happy003
How many escapoligists (cant spell) actually have a permit to carry lockpicks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Needed: Lockpicking Set. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL