The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Geek Magic DVD by Tomas Medina (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Adam Hince
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
483 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
Anyone heard anything about this DVD? I don't do anything like this, but I thought it might contain some neat stuff for Halloween.
EventEntertainer
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1109 Posts

Profile of EventEntertainer
It does. If you liek geek magic, this might be up your alley. It's got at least one effect guaranteed to offend everyone!
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I just finished watching it. It's everything that I expected it to be. It's unbeleivable. These tricks are good for all year but with the right crowds. It's worth the money.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Are the stunts on the tape the real methods or trickery?

I have Swami-Mantra, so I'm really interested in a trickery approach.
Thank you,
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4905 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Is it difficult and dangerous to perform these stunts?
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I actually found some of the methods funny because they are so harmless, but look real. I haven't looked at his method of swollowing razor blades, so that one might be the only one that holds any danger to it. Other than that, nothing in the tape is dangerous really.
rubiporat
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of rubiporat
It is very good
A must buy !!!

Rubi
Adam Hince
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
483 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
I think it sounds great! I'll pick it up this weekend.
Magic Marty
View Profile
New user
Illinois
80 Posts

Profile of Magic Marty
I haven't seen all of the DVD, but I would recommend it. Tomas is an awesome performer and puts out a good DVD. He's also hilarious, and I have had the pleasure of meeting him. I plan on picking up my copy soon.

Marty
Adam Hince
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
483 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
I enjoyed the one with the tic-tacs the most. Completely impromptu. Some of it is not entirely practical for the situation Tomas performs them in (i.e. drinking motor oil, eating glass, or producing bugs), but could very well work in other situations. The tic tacs, balloon swallowing, and razor blade stunt makes this worth much more than the cost of admission.
Diamond7Jeff
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Diamond7Jeff
This DVD has something for every performer. The tricks play to a variety of audiences and can be used at a number of venues. On the DVD, most effects are done with a comedic tone, but you can adapt the patter to suit your style and need (Halloween?). Tomas puts out quality work - work that he has utilized in his act, and these effects are useful for those of us that want something out of the ordinary in our acts.
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
How practical are these effects? Any suitable for a strolling set?
I know very little about 'geek' magic, so I would be very keen to hear what you have to say.
Thanks for your help,
Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
sardini
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of sardini
Sjdavison,
yes. yes. good stuff on this dvd.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Geek Magic DVD by Tomas Medina (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL