The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » greetings all... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kallak
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Kallak
didn't see this forum...otherwise I would have posted to it first I think. oh well.

I'm just turning 21 and I've been messing with cards for as long as I can remember. I guess it was natural that I'd drift into doing card tricks as I got older, and then later into learning card manipulations.

basically I am strictly a card guy. maybe someday I'll get into doing pool balls, canes, and coins, but for now, I think cards will do me fine.

I imagine 75% of my posts will be about card manipuation, but I hope you guys wont get too sick of me. I'll post about other card stuff too, I promise.

a little background info, my favorite card trick is the three across, or the "Las Vegas Leaper" as I learned it, followed closely by "twisting the aces" - as a side note on that, does anyone know how that guy (can't remember his name. Hollingsworth or something like that) did the twisting aces bit, but then revealed them to be kings?

I live near Cincinnati, Ohio and work with web sites. I'm also learning how to do game programming (though magic is much more fun).

I guess you could say I'm a cat person, as I have 8 right now. I generally tend to have around 7 - 10 at any given time. some die, run away, others born, etc... they seem to be one of the constants in my life.

guess that's it for now. bye all

Kallak Smile
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Welcome to the Cafe. There's lots of magic here for everyone. Here's a few decks of fresh Bikes to practice while you browse.
:bikes: Smile Smile Smile
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Welcome aboard, Kallak.
Don't worry about not finding this board sooner; you're here now and that's what counts.
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4981 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Welcome, Kallak. I'm sure you'll add a lot to this cafe. There's always room for one more here. Relax and browse the menu. I'm sure Tora's strong Turkish coffee is on the way but in the meantime, have a snack on my bill and enjoy. Smile Smile

Dave
Where the magic begins
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2839 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Hi Kallak,
So you're a card guy. Pasteboard prestidigitator, card fan, backpalmin, double liftin, side stealin, false cuttin, classic passin kind of person. Well, we don't do that here....N O T..... You came to the ONLY place to discuss that and so much more. Check out Guy Hollingsworth's Book Drawing Room Deceptions for that routine.
Welcome....
David Paul Smile
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Kallak
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Kallak
wow, thanks for the warm welcome (and the book reference - gotta go online shopping now).

so great to finally have a place to discuss with like-minded people. watching instructional tapes and reading books over and over again just isn't the same.

thanks again,

Kallak Smile
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Greeting Kallak

There are many card magicians here so I sure you will make some good connections.

Have fun

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Jimmy Lee
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
682 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Lee
Welcome to the cafe my magical friend. Nice to have your around!

Hope to see your posts soon! Smile Smile
Magically Yours,

Jimmy...
a guy from a tropical island in South East Asia
..oops...where did he disappeared to????
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3178 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Welcome Friend Kallak!

Nice to have you join us here. You certainly will find many here who share your interest in Paste Boards.

Glad you found us.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6581 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
We're always happy to see a new member--welcome!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1398 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Smile Hi Kallak!

Welcome to the Magic Cafe!

Smile Smile Smile

Mya
Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Welcome to the forum
:magicrabbit:
Daniel Faith
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Howdy, Kallak! Smile
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » greetings all... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL